Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
here is a link to more pics of my leg that I took today.

http://www.djtimmy.com/wakeboarding/leg/

stitches give you an idea of how much skin ripped.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
that looks wrong.... Did you cut your whole leg off and stitch on a new one?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-22-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
That one shot makes it look like the leg had to be reattached! Good luck with the recovery, sounds like you're holding up well at least.
Old    samcdog            08-22-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
Reminds me of Frankenstein Tim. Hope you have a speedy recovery?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
wow! that thing looks like it was about to fall off, Tim!

Take care of yourself.. how long before you're back on the water?

B-
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-22-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Timmy,

I lost my dinner with the new pics. Please describe how I can prevent this from happening to me. (Other than quit Wakeboarding).

EE
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2003, 6:07 PM Reply   
Did they have to repair your acl too? What happened to your knee? I hope you feel better soon...
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-22-2003, 6:51 PM Reply   
JESUS! how are you doin' Tim?? I mean, besides the obvious...!

hope you are at least starting to get around..and I totally meant to post to you sooner a 'keep gettin well' post but this week was CRAZY! hope you are doing better and are not too bored ! its rained here for the last almost 2 weeks...so needless to say...no BUTTAH!

oh well,,,keep updatin the pix...i like gore.! and chicks DO dig scars! * i know cuz i am one..and i love the scar on Joaquin Phoenixs' face!* mmmmmmmmmmmm scar. lip. mmmmmmmmm

LOL
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
yes, foot pretty much almost fell off. the remaining skin annd my calf muscles and blood veins were what was holding it on. good thing i told my friends to leave binding on and let EMTs cut it off.

the steri-strips by my knee is where they put the intermedulary (titanium) rod in my leg, and the one by my ankle is where they put the screws down there.

it is pretty cool cause the doctor was actually somewhat surprised at how the skin is healing so well. he was pretty worried because the tear messed up the edge of the skin pretty bad and he had to remove a bunch and stretch the skin to cover the wound. so that is good news that I am healing well.

I keep asking them if I can get it wet. I am tired of the washcloth baths i have to give myself, and also I want to get out on the boat with my friends.

the pain is starting to go away, now mostly just a dull throb. this is good though because I am about out of the percocets. haha i have been getting around well. i can get in my truck pretty easily and can drive. i have the special parking permits so i can park close to wherever I need to go. now all I need is more visitors to keep me from being bored to death.

to avoid this injury, make sure not to throw tricks too early off the wake. casing the opposite wake while still rotating is bad.
Old     (roskow)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-22-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
That's not right. I thought I was going to see some nice leg.
So your saying that happened behind the boat, with no prop or wave runner playing a part? Maybe this is an old story, I'll scroll down the page.