Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-29-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
I know there was the cwb, wakeworld rider awards 2007, but I want to see every single rider that was voted for. I understand many local comp riders, family members, groms, etc. improve a lot and put us in awe by how young they are and the sick tricks they are pullin at that age, but this is for the riders in the public eye. you can put as many riders names as you want that you think are doing really well this year. I want to see why too, and do NOT start insulting riders.

1. Soven. He took it all this year, watch his section in the truth.
2. Chad Sharpe. He seems to be doin some cool stuff this year especially, watch the Pull scraps video for reference.
3. JD WEBB. I've been seeing a lot of him lately and his riding style is insane, watch the parks double or nothing coverage
4. The Vandall. He's back, period. watch the parks double or nothing coverage.
5. Danny harf. New company, 1080, need I say more? watch anything with him in it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
B-Hutt
Jimmy LaRiche
AJ
Old    benj_t            11-29-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
u forgot malinoski... i dont really like rustys style that much but hes definetly stepped it up in 07. but like thats just my opinion on style. hes at a lot higher level of ridin in 06 and 07 and i expect a great future for him in 08.

JD has definetly stepped it up also. ive noticed a lot more of his riding and hes steppin up his own riding to a higher level. his fountain gap in downtown Orlando was just so freakin insane. i also met him in Louisiana and hes like one of tha coolest dudes ive ever met. and he killed it when i saw him ride...

Sovens riding is definetly jaw dropping. his part in the truth was amazing. he never really had much style but in the truth he was for sure tweaking stuff out more and i think hes definetly one of the top few riders in tha world... i also expect an amazing season in 08 for him...

danny harf is pushing the sport constently. his riding is not slowing down and i dont think it will...

Jimmy Lariche is really immpressing me right now. his w2w blind 7s, w2w toe 9s, heel 9s off the double-up, i mean DANG, this kids amazing. and hes one of the younger riders thats starting to push it too.

Lyman is steppin it up too. his huge style is what i respect him for. to be able to do tricks that every one takes w2w, in to the flats... thats awesome.

i could make this list longer. and sorry it was so long...
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-29-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Sucks though Lymans out cause of the knee deal. Love watching that dude ride
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
I'd like to nominate Dean Smith and Adam Errington. They both seem to have stepped it up massively.
i feel like they both must have learnt heaps of new tricks this year.

Chad Sharpe also; he had a great year as always. I was stoked when he landed the double indy backroll.

Amber Wing for winning worlds.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-29-2007, 11:42 PM Reply   
not to mention harfs toe back 7..
Old     (reckless)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-30-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
how about the girl riders
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-30-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
AJ!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
Raequel Hoffman
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-30-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Shelby and Raequel...for that matter ALL the girls stepped up big time his year! Yeah Girls!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
I hear you have some new tricks too Andrea.

See you tomorrow night.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-30-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
WHUT!!! Yes, you'll be seeing us:-)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-30-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
ben, lets not get into the whole rusty thing....... ill admit he deffinately got better, and hes a good guy, but...

was I talkin to him with you? you wakeskate, or were you running the straightline booth?

and yes i did accidentally forget RH, deffinately turned it up a notch or two, that 7 was super clean.

also Jimmy, that huge rally based sumthin or other in the double or nothin coverage was super floaty.

lyman did that wake2rail transfer which was insane.

and dean smith, I hadn't heard of that guy but isn't he barley losing the handle on 10's?
Old    benj_t            12-22-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
yea dean is gettin close. also brad smeele (spell?) is super close on 1080s.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-23-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
anyone tryin h/s 10's other than harf?
Old    110outlet            12-23-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Dean Smith is at the top of my list after watchin the pressure cooker, id love to see more pros in those events just to see them put a little somthing extra on a grab 180. Adam Erringtion came out of no where fast and impressed me as well. But i think i started a thread about Chad Sharp killing it this yr and consistantly placing at comps, but that would be a tie with Randell for come back of the yr instead of most improved.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-23-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Aaron Rathy, Tino Santori, and maybe Jimmy Lariche are trying heel 10's.
Old    benj_t            12-23-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
dean smith is amazing. his w2w heel 9s are sick. and he can go HUGE!!! i think Brad Smeele is goin to be the next to land a 1080
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-24-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
donn't forget about shane's toe back 7 it was on axis making it a little tougher than harf's. but as for most improved chad sharpe or dean smith, they both go huge takin tricks into the flats. randall definitely gets comeback of the year, he is the sickest rider out and the only rider close to his style is lyman. randall is the only pro that pros are in awe to ride with so that says something
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-25-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
this might sound dumb to some people but how can malinoski or soven or harf be considered the most improved. i dont understand, i mean there already at the top of the wakeboarding scene. it should be guys like adam errington. i mean hes a rookie, he came in to the pro tour one year and he's pushing the sport? that should be considered for most improved. i dont know that much about competition wakeboarding i live to far away from it but the people are at the top of the game cant be the most improved. Thats like saying peyton manning went from being the best quarterback to the best quarterback, yet he's the most improved. I dunno maybe im not making sense.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-25-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
this might sound dumb to some people but how can malinoski or soven or harf be considered the most improved. i dont understand, i mean there already at the top of the wakeboarding scene. it should be guys like adam errington. i mean hes a rookie, he came in to the pro tour one year and he's pushing the sport? that should be considered for most improved. i dont know that much about competition wakeboarding i live to far away from it but the people are at the top of the game cant be the most improved. Thats like saying peyton manning went from being the best quarterback to the best quarterback, yet he's the most improved. I dunno maybe im not making sense.
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-26-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
I agree we cant say that the guys that have been killing it for years are improving! I most def think the vandall for sure and chad sharpe and JD web and a lot more. but what about the guys that have been around a long time and are still in the game: Ricky G and Brett I ?
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       12-26-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
I am not a big fan of his, but Zane Swenk was really throwing down at the PWT stop in Ft Worth last summer. I was impressed, anyway. Props to Zane!