Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-02-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
I am curious in how others are progressing with there tricks, meaning what yu try first and then next and so on. Myself, I started riding August of 03 and fist went to the toeside 180 (still not consistent) and now trying backrolls with the tantrum up next and 360's. What should be the natural progression to make each type of trick eaiser to learn (spins, inverts/rolls, ralley's). I hear diffrent opinons, spins first then inverts and then rolls. what do you think is the hardest?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
Everyone is different and builds new tricks from their own strengths. I learned TS backrolls but have no idea how to do it HS which everyone thinks is weird. Just seemed more natural to me.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-02-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
You just gotta start at the beginning and go with what feels comfortable to you. I have areally big Crow, and then I decided to grab it, and then I decided to just do a frontroll and now I've tried a couple crow mobes. When you get a trick I just learn the variations of it and then keep pushing it. ie. back roll, roll to revert, grabbed roll, grabbed roll to revert and then a mobe or a roll to blind. Just remember always start at the foundation and build yourself from there, walk before run. In your case get to where you can boost that TS 180 before you try a TS 3 or a Crow becuase they are indirectly related with either the landing or the takeoff. One last thing, grabs, they are fun, can be easy and lead you to better overall board control and air awareness. Get them and stick them and you will be better because of it!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-02-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
well said hiltcherberger
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-02-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
I like to see people progress by learn all the 180s. That is the first thing that i learned to do on a wakeboard. I went to a camp got some lessons from Zane and he said that if you can do all the 180s (ts fs, ts bs, hs fs, hs bs, then the same thing switch) you can do anything. It has definetly helped me. Now I just think add a 180 to whatever trick I am trying, like 3 to 5, 5 to 7, roll to blind 180, and so on. I have lots of friends who cant do a ts fs 180 but can do a backroll, a tantrum, a raley, and so on. Sure they can huck a roll, but they have no style. No flow.

Adding to what Stephen said about grabs, I have discovered that if you a learning and working on inverts, go for the grab right away, like when you are first working on the trick. For example, I cannot grab a hs backroll, but I can grab my my hs roll to revert, and s switch heelside roll, but not my lame old backroll. And believe me I have tried and tried, when i go for the grab i over rotate. So as i have learned more and more advanced inverts I always go for the grab on the first try. Just a suggestion that me and my posse do. Damn i typed a lot.