Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
My girl is usually a size 8 to 9.5 in most footwear, depending on brand. She just recently bought a pair of 2007 ronix rise boots in a size 9. She has to struggle to get them on and off, which I assume to be the norm for a new pair of closed toes, but she gets a concentrated pain on the outside of her right foot, which leads to numbness, yet her left foot feels comfortable.

My question is, should she go straight to a size 10, or try to heat mold the liner and give it another go? If so, how do you do the heat molding? is it best to leave it up to a shop, or can you just nuke em at home? The obvious drawback is that I'm sure the online retailer we bought them from wouldn't take them back after being heat molded, I can only assume.

thanks in advance
Old     (cjonesyuk)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-10-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hi mate, i work in the snowboard / ski industry and ave been workin with heat mouldable liners for a long time, i would suggest if there is a concentrated pain on the outside of the foot it is to do with width and the fact that your girlfriend probably has a slightly larger foot than the other... this is very common for everyone.

You might be able to get away with putting a bit of extra padding on the outside of the bigger foot where the pain is, then heat moulding the boots, then put that foot in the boot (with the extra padding still stuck to the foot)which will expand the boot a bit more than usual but it could void the warranty, it would be difficult to tell.

I did my ronix boots on the heat moulder and part of the rubber that keeps your heal down started melting... it all works and im not bothered cos theyre super comfy but it looks a bit clumbsy, i might be tempted to try out the size 10 before voiding the warranty. anyways thats my thoughts on the matter