Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
I'm currently looking for a 15-16k open bow wakeboard boat in the CT area. I'm not havin much luck still early in the season though I guess. I have found a couple boats out in michigan and indiana. I have no experience with either brand or model and I just was looking for any info or opinions.

1993 Ski brendella sport comp
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/7/83232387.htm

1993 Hydrodyne grand sport
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/6/83605656.htm
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-09-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
they both look really good for being as old as they are! both need a tower. so you could buy the ski brendella put on a tower for the price of the hydrodyne without a tower.

sorry i don't have any experience with either but they both look really nice and at a good price
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
i would say brendella
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
i would think you could get a better deal, i know where a late 90's tige with tower is for your price range if int i will get you my buddys e-mail that owns this boat
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-09-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Kyle,
I was in the same place last year. I was looking for an open bow wakeboard boat in a similar price range. Be patient and wait for what you want. I didn't find what I was looking for until the end of June, but it was worth the wait. I drove about two and a half hours for it. I got a 2000 Moomba Mobius with tower, ballast, bimini, etc. You have to watch really close and be ready to pounce the second the ad goes online. I missed a great deal on another Moomba that sold in 45 minutes from being posted. Watch ebay and just contact them with an offer. You should be able to find 1998 Moomba for the price of those boats you have linked.

My two cents,
Jman
Old    catfishh            04-10-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
I agree, be patient. I bought an 01 Mobius, loaded, with a brand new motor, (70hours on it, and upgraded to 330 hp) for only 14,000. The boat needed a little TLC, some scratches on the hull and some tears in the interior, but another grand takes care of that. Just be Patient, I was going to buy a brand new boat and when I saw this deal I had to grab it..Where you at in CT? I'm originally from New London, Have a house on Pachaug Pond still..
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Jeff,
That is one sick deal on a mobius. I'd be extatic to get into one of those I'll definatley keep looking but I also gotta get rid of my current boat at some point. I'm from Tolland and I go to school at UConn it's going to be a few more weeks till I get out on the water. I've never been down in the New London area any good rivers or narrow lakes to ride on down there? Theres one place up here in Windsor Locks Rainbow Resivor but thats about it.
Old     (dmonte3283)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-10-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Call JD at JAG Marine 203-733-5046, He has a Moomba Mobius that came in on trade for a Centurion Avalanche. I think the Moomba is still available.
Old    catfishh            04-10-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Patchaug pond is a good place, there are a few lakes around, just ask the guys up there where the best spots are, It's been a long time since I was living up there! My cousins go to Eastern and party at UCONN all the time, I have a couple friends that go to UCONN also, Small world. But yeah, just be patient and keep looking, better deals will come once it gets closer to summer.