Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    billy_ray            10-02-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
ihave a mobius lsv and im thinkin of getting an 06 malibu xlv. am making a step up or down? what are the pros and cons of the malibu? will i be happy with my choice? i would also like to see some pics of the malibu wake?
thnx
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-02-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
The Malibu VLX is geared a little more towards wakeboarding than the pre-2006 Mobius LSV's. That being said, check out the 2006 Mobius LSV. It is a much longer, deeper, and wider boat geared at wakeboarding. A big step up from years past at a better price than a vlx.
Old    zboomer            10-02-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
A Malibu is a big step up in every way from a Moomba, including a big step in price.

Depends on what you can afford, and if you value the things the Malibu offers over the Mobius.

It's rare to even see these two compared, since the Mobius is a price-point boat, but most Malibu's, except their Ride line, are a premium-level boat.

I could list the differences, but all you need to do is look at both, and drive. You'll see. Then you decide if the Malibu warrants the price premium. Both will pull you on a wakeboard, in the same way a Chevy and Cadillac will both get you to the grocery store. :-)

The Mobius is a very well built boat, but built to be less expensive, with less creature comforts, features, etc. A Malibu is well built, and does offer more comfort, higher-end components, more features, etc.

The same company that makes Mobius boats, makes Supra, which is a higher-end boat as well. I had an '04 Supra and it was a very nice boat.

Anyway, different people value different things, so you just need to check out both and decide.

By the way, there is no such thing as Malibu xlv. That's a Mobius model as well.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-02-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Malibu VLX= hardcore, luxurious wakeboat
Pre 06 Mobius LSV is wayyyyy too shallow IMO. It feels like you are sitting on the floor. The 06 Mobius LSV is a really nice boat, a little longer, wider, and deeper than the previous LSV's. But, when it comes down to it, the price of the 06 Mobius LSV all optioned out with everything you need will approach the Malibu price range in which you get a higher quality boat.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-02-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
go with the BU i think you will like it..but most importantly go and demo each before making your final decision..
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
The new Mobius LSV is by far their best hull and the wake is super sweet. If you are looking to upgrade, look into Skier's Choice luxury tow boat line Supra. Take a look at all 3 boats and see what fits you better and make sure you demo your final two choices. Nothing worse than sitting in your boat one year later thinking you should have got that other boat because...