Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    ausbill32            01-13-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
I found a used 210 for $25,000. Has a 1000 hours. was used in a wake camp. owner says some problems with ballast pumps and perfect pass wheel needs replacing. owner has new skins for all the seats but hasn't put them on, has new tower and dash. It's a used boat so it looks used but engine, electrical, and drive train all work well. White, red, black color scheme. Has amp, sub, and nice tower speakers. Comes with trailer.

thoughts?

(Message edited by ausbill32 on January 13, 2010)

(Message edited by ausbill32 on January 13, 2010)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
Which camp had it?
Old    ausbill32            01-13-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
not sure exactly, Marble Falls area
Old                01-13-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
I was in the market for a SAN for a very long time and finally purchased a 03 last summer. The 2005 SAN is a great boat. It’s hard to say without seeing it, but it sounds like 25K is a great price.

New aerator pumps and a Perfect Pass wheel is a cheap easy fix.

My only concern would be why a four year old boat needs a new tower, dash, all new skins and ballast pumps. Maybe the campers were hard on the boat, but new tower and dash? If it was in an accident it might not be worth it. Ask for maintenance records.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-13-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-Correct-Craft--Nautique--Ski-Nautique-Super-Air-Nautique-220-96274595

could try that but probably a scam hey.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-13-2010, 5:28 PM Reply   
Shooter has a point. We run a camp and it sounds like that boat may not have been that well taken care of. I've never heard of an 05 with that many replacements, at least not a Correct Craft anyway.

That said, the boat and the wake are awesome!
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
he may have changed the tower because the 05 was that ugly rainbow tower. just a thought. has new skins thats sweet.
Old    ausbill32            01-13-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
I'm going to go test drive it on Sat. so we'll see. Thanks for all the input. If anyone see's any other good boats for around 25k, let me know.

thanks
Old    brycejay            01-13-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
I talked to the guy for a while on the phone. Seems like a good deal. I would think about picking it up if I wasn't so far away... Does seem to have quite a few things that need fixing up though. BTW 2004 is the year with the ugly rainbow tower.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
did you ask why he changed the tower?
Old    brycejay            01-13-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
No. I didn't even think to ask until I got on here.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
The 05 had the standard FCT2 tower that CC is known for and everyone is farmiliar with. The off ugly tower is the 04.

Imagine a 1000 hours of use on a boat that is not yours, and is used for newbies. Probably not a recipie for a well taken care of boat. At least they have the skins and stuff to make it a new boat. The question is why the tower and dash is changed. The faria guages are expensive unless they just changed the pod and reused the guages. A lot of variables. Ending thought, that boat is a great deal, but you need to have the skins done or do them yourself. Either way it is time or money. But that boat is a deal by about 7-10k.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-13-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
maybe try call that boattrader link to check if its a scam or not...could be a repo
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
I cant say its a deal by about 7-10k. Its a camp boat... camp boats get a lot of inexperienced people in them. Depends on the camp and how it was maintained.
Everyone (including myself at one time) seems to hate the 04 tower, but lately it has really grown on me with the right color schemes. I have heard they pose a vision problem for the driver though. If I remember right, the towers werent powder coated in 05 or most of the ones I have seen are brushed aluminum. I like matching powder coated towers personally.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
Ok, that particular boat that would be in good condition with a few less hours would be pulling about 35-38K mormally. It would be all in the maintenence. Hard to tell that but if it is a school, I would think a dealer would service it and you should be able to see records of it. Take off for the high hours, and lack of instalation of skins and I would say that is a 29K boat. Just do the research before proceeding for sure
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-14-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
People are dumping 220's that was the worse wakeboat that CC came out with. The wake is SUPER touchy even had some of their pro riders tell me they hated it. The 210 and 230 are GREAT wakeboats but have talked to lots of people that say stay away from the 220. If your willing to deal with the touchy wake you can get a good deal on a 220.
Old    brycejay            01-14-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
I don't know where all this stuff came from about the 220 having a touchy wake. I've been behind most nautiques and the 220 has a great wake. Maybe a little touchy, but the old 210 didn't seem to be any less touchy.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
HUGE 220 fan here!
Old                01-15-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
IMO, I would rather have a 2005 210 than a 2007 220. The green also makes that boat a tuff sell.
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-16-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
+1 on the 220, anyone that says the 220 is junk either hasn't been behind a properly set up 220 or is just repeating some other nonsense they heard from someone else who heard from another guy that a "pro" said.
To hear everyone always bashing the 220 makes me laugh, "it is weight sensitive", any boat is weight sensitive. People are dumping EVERY boat right now bc of the economy, pay cuts and job loss. Would I buy a 210, hell yes, is it really any better than my 220...umm no.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-17-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Relax no one said JUNK. Correct craft does not build junk. However I stand by what I said. I don't make stuff up or say second hand info your 220 is beautiful. Would I own one sure for the right price would I ride in one sure. But would I prefer the current 210 over the 220. All day long. It's just a boat plenty of bad things you can say about my x star but I love it.
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-17-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
tampawake - junk wasn't directed at you personally, I have read every thread on multiple sites about the 220 and it just seems to get a bad rep from people that have never even seen one in person, usually quoting someone else etc etc.
I fully agree with you, if I was shopping for a new boat it would be a 230. I was originally shopping for a legacy 210 when I found the 220 for a ridiculous price, don't regret it one bit.

No hard feelings man.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-17-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
i really liked the 220.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-19-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
When I was looking for my boat, I looked at two SANs at two different dealerships that had been used in wake camps. Both dealers told me the same thing. The boats had been maintained to high degree because they were in wake camps. Both boats had more interior wear and tear than private boat, but it seemed the motors, hull, rigging and gearing were top notch.

I don't know where you are but check the online listings at Orlando's CC and MC dealer. Both places are great and really back and inspect what they sell
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-19-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
Just a note, I had inquired about the boat too. The seller said the GEN2 tower came stock on the boat? He also said it did most of its time on lake Austin and a private lake NW of Houston (that may be the wake board camp???). I thought about trying to sell my 2001 AN, but I don't think I am going make the switch from a 500hr boat over to a 1000 hr boat with little problems here and there, and the fact that the 2005 needs new skins seems a bit premature to me (sign of care?)- my 2001 interior still looks great. The boat looks great in pics though...awesome color scheme.

Let us know if you get it and it turns out good....of course, then I will regret not buying it...On second thought, if you do buy it and it turns out great, just lie to me and tell me it is giving you a bunch of trouble :-)

Good luck!
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-20-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
You know alot of the those camp hours on boats are just set ideling around a student in the water coaching. They hardly ever put in any extra ballast cause they are teaching people. So you know its not worked hard in that way. So alot of those hours are probly not even in a towing capacity. my .02
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-20-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
I have to second Steve. Most of the hours on our camp boats are at idle (we don't always shut the engine off) and with the ballast empty so the hours are not a big deal IF IT WAS WELL CARED FOR. The one thing I would look at with any boat is the service records and whether or not they cared for the boat (records, seat covers, regular preventative maintenance). Sounds like this boat was beat on. I would also ask if the camp has any written boat rules for their camp boats.

After a full season, our boats and interiors look brand new because we care for them and go over specific rules with anyone getting near them. We also buy most of our boats so resale is very important to us.

Having owned a 210 and a 220 I would keep looking. There are some great deals out there and bottom line, this one that you found doesn't sound like it was cared for. You're going to do what you are going to do, but don't let the cheap price blind your inner voice.