Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old    jbpetty6203            01-13-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
I started boarding this past summer and found I love this sport and now for a little bit better gear. I have found two pairs of bindings and two boards. But can't decide on which to purchase and thought I could get some input on hear. The bindings are both 07 models yeah 07 but us military folk dont have a crazy budget (not yet anyway). The shane OT or the Sphynx. Both I like, design is awesome and colors match what Im looking for. I know the Shane's retail for more but the price i have found for both are the same. Another question is size? I wear an 8-9 in mens and I can either go with 7-8 or 9-10, which size?? Now on to boards. Either the 08 Bonifay 136 or the 08 PS3 137? I like both boards but i have ridden the 06 bonifay and loved everything about it. Any input guys? I wana hear everything you have to say.... Thanks!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-13-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
go w/ the 9-10 shane and the shane 136 (assuming you're not on the heavier side).

i absolutely love my set-up, shane bindings (super comfy, easy on and off, and supportive) and shane 140 (big pop and super soft landings).
Old     (blake2wake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-13-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Hi Joe, welcome to wakeboarding! you are already making a great choice by going with Liquid Force, their customer service alone is worth investing in their products. The shane o/t are some of the best bindings I have ridin, really comfy and easy to bone out anything. I have not ridin either board you are lookin' at but I transitioned from a smaller 138 watson to a 142 substance and found the bigger board really helped with my pop and my landings. Hope This helps, I know choosin' a new board is awesome a tediouse at the same time.
Good Luck and keep your eye on the web too, lots of killer deals all the time.
Old    jbpetty6203            01-13-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
What about the 08 Vantage bindings anyone have these????
Old     (blake2wake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-13-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
Just got the vantages for christmas and have been walkin around the house in them. So sweeeeet! I don't care how much snowboarding I do, I can't wait for march!
Old    thebiggmann            01-13-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
I absolutely love my 07 Shanes. So comfortable! The board size isn't really gonna matter that uch in this case, considering it's 1 cm difference. If you get a shot, demo. I haven't ridden either but was thinking about buying a shane before i bought my lyman, and it was very well talked of. Good luck!
Old    jbpetty6203            01-13-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
Ok thanks for the info... the only thing is that the 07 shane bindings only come in size 7-8. Now im gona be honest and admit I do have very small feet for a guy. I wear size 8 in all the flight boots i get for work. And I usually always buy to big wen i get a pair of shoes and it drives me crazy, so i think Im just gona go with this size for 120 dont think I can beat it.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-13-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
I rock the 07 Shane OT, and they are the best bindings I've ever put on. Definately pick the shanes over the sphynx. The shanes are like the sphynx, but have a few little features that make it a better boot in my opinion. Like the wrap around ankle that fits so nice and snug around your ankle. They are also so comfy they feel like marshmellows are molded to my feet. As for the size, if you fit comfortably in size 8 then I would suggest the 7-8 size. I like them to be snug and if you go with the 9-10, well a 9 is one size bigger than your foot really is. But see if you can't find a size 8-9 somewhere, this is the best time of the year to find some good deals and if your patient and surf the net enough you can find 8-9's.

Now for the board, I have rode both so here is my input. If you liked everything about the 06 shane then go with the 08 shane its the same board different graphic. The PS3 felt to me like the slowest board I've ever rode. Slow just cruising, slow initiating your edge into the wake, and slow coming into the wake. That's not necessarly a bad thing but if you liked the shane then you will notice a huge difference in speed between the two. Both have great pop and good tracking. Well hope this helps and good luck with your new setup.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-13-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
For me the Vantages have completely reinvented my love for wakeboard bindings. I have oddly shaped feet for wakeboard boots and the Vantages allow me to have the custom tightness that I need to make the bindings fit my feet. I sinch up the ankle strap, tighten the mid strap, and only snug up the toe strap.

These boots also offer excellent support and are very comfortable.