Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    bigwake5            08-14-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
what are the differnces between the two and also are there and differnces between the regular bindings and the limited besides the way they look
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-14-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
the spynx are a little more flexible side to side
and there the limited ones are just looks
Old    thebryan12            08-15-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yeah the limited editions are purely cosemtic. SPhinx has less upper ankle support than the transits. Some people like the ability to flex their ankle more forward during grabs/pokes etc. Tranists feel more solid IMO but its all a matter of taste.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
The transits have a stronger seam line on the back of the ankle that seems to hold together better than the sphinx, I ripped a pair of sphinx last week and had my shop send them back to LF, (hopefully they will replace them) once this happened I looked closer at my friends transits where my sphinx ripped and they appear to be stronger but could rip in a similar location, (where the plasic back piece is sewn into the binding) I can't understand why either of these bindings have this plastic piece-o-crap sewn into them instead of just coninuing the boot around the back of the ankle. Now on a good note they are both like riding with baby ducks tied to your feet (very comfortable) but not so durable.