Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Any Arkansas rippers gonna be on Greers Ferry this weekend tuning up for next weekends event? Gotta work Sat, but will be up there that night and Sun and Mon. Holla.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
im gonna be on my home lake getting ready, im riding open wakeskate, advanced wakeboard, and dubs

what about you?
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-23-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
What's next weekend?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
Prolly talking about the Heber Wake Fest scheduled for June 9-10....It is also stops 1 & 2 for INT. We will be there...MAC hit us up.
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
My bad it is 9-10. Two weeks. Jeff, do you ride @ Greers or are you somewhere else and just coming in?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
We will be coming in....we are from Monticello.
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Right on....with all the riders in the central part of our state I figured this thread would get a little more response. I will look for ya...I have a Yellow hulled Malibu with a white tower.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I've got a post up in Find a Third/Be A thirrd for the central AR area, but no responses.. anyone have room for a third and fourth this weekend? I'll be visiting my parents and my girlfriend and I will get plenty of pulls behind my dad's bass boat, but not exactly the ideal wake boat ;-)

Brian (briankauf@gmail.com)
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
I will hit you up.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Sweetness :-)
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
We will be there fo sho!
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Eric...do ride Greers often? If so shoot me a line cuttfly@hotmail.com.
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Not as often as I would like Dnice. I live in Monticello too so it's not real often that we make our way up there, but we were up there last month. That's a beautiful lake and a buddy of mine has a lakehouse out there so we will try to hit it up some more this summer.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
It seems like y'all in Arkansas never ride your rivers. I've spent a few summers in the Little Rock area and the Little Maumelle river is ALWAYS glass (even when the wind blows, thanks to the trees that protect it)... I'm just surprised that everyone flocks to the lakes. I will however agree that Greers Ferry is one of the most beautiful lakes I've seen, I've just never ridden it because the Maumelle river is so close and so buttery :-)
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
I've ridden the river down south of Pine Bluff, but it's just so much easier to go 10 miles and get on the lake instead of 50 to the river. But I do agree it is glass the majority of the time...
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
ONe reason that we...make it 2 reasons we shy away from the river. One...crap in the water. Our lakes are some of the cleanest in the country. And second...undertow. Esp right now. My wife tells me all these stories about people that have drowned. We ride the river form Murray park down, but nothing beats the clean lake waters.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
You're right about the cleanliness of the lakes... Greers ferry is GORGEOUS. I'm just surprised that on weekends people are willing to fight the big crowds on the lake and leave the rivers pristine for me :-)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
eh, i live on the best kept secret in the states as far as lakes go.

ask clay haha
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-23-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
sorry to hijack....but I'm not sure I gave Jeff Newton his props for hooking me up with my new Watson. it took some work....thanks to our usps...but it was worth it. he gave me a great deal on a sweet board!

thanks again jeff...

*hijack over*
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
so if you were to share that secret with us would it not make it a secret anymore???
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
Old River Lake, you say :-)

Are you just south of Little Rock.. in the little town of Scott?
Old     (tigebob)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
I'll be on Greers, dont think I'll be riding though, it gets a little crazy out there during memorial day weekend...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
why yes i am brian, You gave away my secret you cheater! now we will never get our glass back! haha

there is this new boat that is on our lake now that is particularly found of power turns and swearing across the lake so its kinda of annoying.

im assuming you have rode on my lake before?
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Bobby..if you get out early and stay late it is butter in the upper end of devil's fork. That is my haven.

Caleb...I have always wanted to come down there but never knew anyone...NOW I DO! lol...You guys look me up if you come up. Hang a right at the narrows and go up river till the island. Yellow and white malibu docked on a yellow roofed pontoon that is not really a dock....haha.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Haha, dude bro man we always appreciate riders, really its only me and this other dude that wakeboard on the lake and we normally ride together, but lately ive been seeing more boarders out there.

Its a small horseshoe lake with forest shoreline so its always glass, you can even find glass on july 4th its crazy.
Old     (maximus)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Beaver Lake anybody... thats where I'll be with my brand new LF stance 142 tomorrow. Hopefully the weather holds out all weekend.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
Dustin, you should hit up Caleb's lake... it sounds nice :-)

Looks PERFECT for boarding too... just an old riverbed that broke off from the main river... almost looks designed :-)

But no, I've never ridden it, just looked at it via satellite.
Old     (tigebob)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
Dustin, I'm on the other end of the lake by Eden Isle...I would come back in the fork but that is one hell of a ride for me... I will agree with ya tho that place is awesome...theres never anyone back in there...do u ever go back into the twin coves over by Tanenbaum thats where we usually hang out and ride
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
If i didnt know any better i would say its man made.

my dad put a ski course in front, and me and one of our friends across the lake are putting some rails in at his place.

We got lucky cause everyone that lives their are old fishermen for the most part, so we really have no compition on the lake, and everyone is super cool. Even the fishermen are cool to me. If im riding, they start circleing their finger and when i do an invcert they clap haha.

But sorry, no public boat launchs, its a private lake. but ive got the wakeworld hook up for you guys haha

oh and by the way, if your mapping the place out, if you go over a few miles theres another private ski lake, try and find it, its a pretty gnar set up too.
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
Bobby...that is a SUPER long ride..and it takes about a 1/3 of a tank to get there. But I have heard it is sweet over there.

Caleb...I know of Bear Lake too. I need to hook up with you some this summer.

Everyone be safe!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
bear lake....?

im on old river lake haha
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
I was speaking of the waterski lake....but those are both primo as far as getting butter to ride on!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
haha definantl dustin.

if your talking about the ski lake its like bull lake or something to do with bulls...