Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
gotta love Texas! I'm on the theater's side by the way

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...udience-member
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-08-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
I saw that. very awesome and ballsy by the theatre.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       06-08-2011, 6:11 PM Reply   
Good on the theater for drawing their line and sticking to it. When I used to go to movies, it annoyed the heck out of me as there were always dispespectful punks who used their phones during the movie. I always turned mine off as soon as I entered the theater. If I'm paying a small fortune to see a movie I'd like to enjoy it without being distracted or interrupted.

Of course I haven't been to a movie theater in years. The expense is too much. I just can't justify it. Throw in rude punks on their phones or talking loudly and it's just not worth it. Now I do go to the drive in every now and again. Now they did double their price from when I started going there a few years ago. It's now $8, which is pretty crazy for a movie, but they always show two movies and sometimes do 3. So with that in mind it's a lot better than the regular theaters. I get to sit in the comfort of my '68 Galaxie or go near the back in my pickup and put my chairs and whatnot in the bed. Never distracted by people on the phone or people talking. I can either bring my own food or buy reasonably priced food at the concession stand. If you get there early you can meet up with other people, throw a frsbee or football around and have a good time before the movies start. I doubt if I'll ever go to an indoor theater again.
Old    nwwakerider            06-08-2011, 7:15 PM Reply   
That is awesome! It's so annoying when people talk or text. I have had a couple run ins with people in theatres who wouldnt stop talking. It would be nice if the theatre staff would actually do something.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-08-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
good stuff