Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
So I thought I got away from winter damage free, but it seems my heater does not like frozen water inside of it and it broke. I have a 2007 Supra 24 SSV and I did not remember to disconnect and drain the heater, anyone have any idea what a new unit will cost and if I can replace just the core?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
should be less than a hundred for the core if you can replace it yourself?
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-01-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
I did the same thing, If the crack is not to big you can solder it or you can get a new one from heatercraft
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Or go to Napa & get p/n 6603100. Seems like it's from an 80s Mustang. Should cost like $25.

And to make it not happen again, setup your heater hoses with either radiator flush Ts (so you just remove the caps & it drains) or garden hose fittings (like your exhaust manifolds). Makes it easy to drain the heater core in a few seconds.

Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Or go to Napa & get p/n 6603100. Seems like it's from an 80s Mustang. Should cost like $25.

And to make it not happen again, setup your heater hoses with either radiator flush Ts (so you just remove the caps & it drains) or garden hose fittings (like your exhaust manifolds). Makes it easy to drain the heater core in a few seconds.

Not bad man, I like that idea. I just have it bypassed for now but I need to get a new core and fix it before next spring.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-01-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
That sucks man. Call heatercraft, they'll send a new one fast, and they have great customer service. I'd be really surprised if you found a replacement at NAPA. I cracked mine a few years ago, and went through just about every radiator catalog I could find without any luck.