Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-13-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
I'm looking to add some ballast to my 07 Supreme V232. Both wakeboarding and surfing.

Current set up: 2X 360 lb rear hard tanks with Tsunami 800's

Rear: I can use the centurion tankbusters kit from wakemakers, and yank the hard tanks to add 750's or 1100's. Existing pumps. Just have to fab up a new engine divider panel.

Front: Need help here. I was thinking of putting in a bow sac (cutting out the built in cooler sadly) and perhaps adding a johnson reversible pump. When I just want the port side of the bow sac to fill(for surfing) I would either put a plate, soccer ball, or something in the nose to block the starboard side of the bag from filling up.

Port side: Also need help. Thinking of putting a tube sac below the port seats and would share the johnson pump. I think they sell a 370lb.

I also was thinking of splitting an extra hose off of the johnson pump that would just be loose in case I wanted to get funky and fill up a random sack on the seats somewhere.

Please any advice is appreciated. I haven't had good luck searching and wakemakers is more than a week behind answering emails right now. Let me know ANY suggestions you have. Thanks!
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-15-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
anyone?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-15-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Where is the cooler in your boat? I guess I don't understand why you would have to cut it out but then again I don't know much about Supreme's. Are you talking about getting a U shaped bow integrated sack that goes under the bow seats or a bow triangle sack that usually just sits on top of the bow seats/fillin cushion? If it is a bow integrated sack could you run a reversible jabsco/johnson that has a "Y" that then runs to the port sack you are tlaking about and the bow integrated sack. You could throw a shut off valve of some sort on each line between the Y and the bags so that you can shut off one of the other. I am not sure about the stuffing a soccer ball or plate to cutoff one side of the integrated side. Are you against lead bags? Would you do the bow integrated sack and the port sack plus have 300 pounds of lead or so that you can move around depending on what you are doing? It would be easier and quicker the filling sacks. I like the idea of have a hose that can be used anywhere in the cockpit to fill extra sacks when needed but if you had the lead could you skip that all together?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-15-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Todd I just got this for my system. I think it will be great. It has a 1in female intake and 2 3/4 mail out flows in a Y. You can turn them both on at the same time or just have one on with the other off. Just have to find a place to mount it and make everything easy to use. I plan on using my center sacks pump to be the one that fills the ski locker as well as a 400lb in the walk way or seat for surfing. Good luck with your system.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/430/=hzmvqi
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-15-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
-The cooler is under the starboard seat in the bow. It's part of the boat. Yea, I'm looking at the integrated bow sac under the seats. I won't get any weight on the starboard side if the cooler remains.

Lead isn't a good option as I trailer a lot and the tow vehicle is already at near capacity.

The reversible with the shut off lines is the way I am thinking of going. However now I am wondering if I can share an existing intake (I think 3/4''). I already have a tusnami 800 on the intake, I wonder if a reversible pump added on it would put too much demand on it.