Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
i mean really. whats the point?
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-22-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
They're pretty good for seeing where you're going... Kinda like headlights on a car.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
i mean ive never seen any body ever have them on. when ever we RIDE its day time. i dont know about this here. but isnt their a speed limit at night?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
where i am at 30 mph at night...

docking is much easier, just nice to have, in-case.

Then you can surf at night behind your I/O too... finding the body will be easier too

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on October 22, 2008)
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-22-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
somethings you just dont understand until you're older...
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Its 9 oclock and you just finished a day of riding and it got dark quick. Now its time to trailer your boat. HMMMMMMMMMM? How do you do that in the dark??? OH WAIT I HAVE TOWER LIGHTS!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
/\ My point being. I get off work at 6 in the summer time. It gets dark bout 830-9 oclock. Its a 5 minute drive to our private landing on the river. We get a few good sets in everyday after work and its dark by the time we empty ballast and sacs when were done. If we didnt have tower lights sometimes Im sure there would be a few more scrapes and scratches in our hull. Get it?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
we dont ride til 9. and now surfing comment dude. haha. but what ever works for you. we dont need it though. i was just curious for your guys reasoning for having it. and i was mistaken. i thought it was like 10 mph at night. but if its 30 go ahead and ride. my mistake
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
and dave. for your situation. the lights would be hella nice. i forgot to mention it in my last post.

it makes sense now though. but for us... its pointless. we never ride past 8. its a 2 hour drive back home. so you get the point. but its a waste of money in our case
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
I hear ya brotha, if you have absolutely no use for tower lights, why drop that kinda cash. To each his own and every situations different. Just keep shreddin brotha and anytime you got questions post em up man. Maybe us WW peeps can swing you into an inboard soon haha. Hit up Ryan L. on that Tige. Good guy and Im sure theyre dealership will treat you right.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Ha now i cant write proper "THEYRE"
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-22-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
When you hit college, you will likely have friends that participate in the time honored tradition of the 2am "Booze Cruise". These usually consist of cheap beer, bag wine and various levels of clothed swimming. Frequently these tower lights will notify the imbibed swimmer of the location of shore but on a moonless night when canonballs off the tower seem to be a good idea, not always. Hella sick tight yo.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
Dave, we where about to fill out the paperwork for a tige rz2 at our local dealer. and the guy tried to tell us it was 5000 more then what was on craigslist. so we where like F%#@ you. haha

and a v drive doesnt work great for all of what we do. i did wish we had the tige. but we go in the ocean to go fishing also. and ours cuts the chop like nothing. and well v drives arnt knows for cutting 3 foot swells. lol

but like i said. id LOVE an rz2
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
was the one on craigslist used?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
no it wasnt. it was an 08 rz2. brand new perfect condition. i dont remeber what he had it posted for. but when we where about to fill paper work out he said it was 5000 above what it was online. so we pulled out the printed sheet showing the price. and he said it was a typo. so we didnt buy from him becasue he wouldnt budge on the price
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
and why didnt you buy the cheaper one?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
no. thats not what i mean. they had ONE RZ2 and the craigslist said 5000$ less then what he told us the price was. we showed him the flyer and he said it was a typo. he was trying to rip us off. so we walked. and we cant buy a malibu. the tower is to low for all of us. we all hit our heads on it. my dads 6'7 and doesnt want to fight it. and he hates all the metal on the master crafts. and him and i both dont like the interior of the centurions (spelling?)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
For sure man! Sea Ray is a great boat as well. My dad used to have a 210. But dont faze out inboards just because of salt water. Some manufacturers make a Salt Water Package. MC being a great one. Understandable that theyre very expensive, but when the time is right for you and your fam check out a CSX220. Very multifunctional boat and trust me it'll cut the chop like no other with the deep V it has. Plus next year alot of dealers will be sitting heavy on 08 inventory so you may be able to get a steal.

-big heavy- BAG WINE, dude i thought i was the only one! I probably shouldnt be saying this but screw it. On the way to the delta last year we sat in the back seat and killed an 18 pack(keystone hahaha) and a bag of wine(box wine) before we got to tower park. As we pulled in my buddy opened to door and let loose. It was pretty bad, needless to say it wasnt a pretty site. He was hung over the whole next day. I think I payed more attention to the keystones and he enjoyed the wine. WHAT A HEADACHE the next day!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
haha very nice dave.

our sea ray might not be your ideal dream wake boat. but the stereo is kick a@@. (2500 watts total, 1500 to the tower, 1000 in the boat) the wake is decent and we have a great time on the water. and thats really all that matters. our boats works for our needs so why not go with it.

By THE WAY

when you guys tube. do you ride from the tower or from the ski?

i rode from the tower once and hit a double up. i went up about 15 feet landed and hit my face agaisnt the tube. it was hilarious. blood nose the works. but damn it made a sick picture
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
Thats funny bro, usually if we bust out the tube we tie off from the factory ski pylon. Even though the tower is probably strong enough I just dont like chancing it. You know when the front of the tube goes under as you get on plane and the amount of resistance on the boat is crazy. Its preference. Im glad to hear your happy with the boat you got, in the end it is all about enjoying life. If you can do that with the boat you have then more power to ya!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
is it that bad for it to tube from the tower? all i can think of is the pressure from cutting and getting up. i didnt think the tube would hurt it. but idk.
and our boat works great and we have a blast!. im just trying to convince my old man to let me fill the center and engine storage with fat sacks! i figured it out by size. but we can get 3200 pounds of fat sacs in our boat and the boat already weighs 5500 lbs full of fuel
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-22-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
There are kinda nice to have on houseboat trips and stuff. If you have some money to blow, they are a nice to have I guess.

Somehow we manage to get the boat on the trailer at night without them .
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-22-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
"somehow we manage to get the boat on the trailer at night without them", J-Rod you must subscribe to the same theory as me, anything will fit if you going fast enough
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
Neve try and wakeboard at night... haha I had a bad exp. It was on a friends malibu and we had a booze cruise lets just say I was far from sober. Basically u couldnt see at all anyways the lights blinded you just edge in and all of a sudden ur in the air
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-23-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
I use mine so much , I upgraded them

The way my bimini is designed I don't get blinded by them, and they will light up anything in the water a good 75-100 feet in front of me while going 20-25 mph.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-23-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
Nothing worse then trying to back the trailer down the ramp and everybody has their docking lights and tower lights in your direction. I'm with J-Rod, keep em off when loading the boat for your drivers sake.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-23-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
I use mine all the time but we usually stay out until midnight or later. The main reason I use mine is so other jackasses (aka fisherman) driving 50mph in the dark can see me REALLY good
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-23-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
"he main reason I use mine is so other jackasses (aka fisherman) driving 50mph in the dark can see me REALLY good"

that's the only real reason i pop mine on... between the forward facing and the LEDs in the speakers i'm seen if we're sitting and chilling on the water
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-23-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
I used to think whats the point too, but then we started moonlight surfing and wish I had them. The tower lights are definitely not a necessity for most, but can see why people have them.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-23-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Even though I dont need lights to load the boat at night I use them. When you make a monthly boat payment that rapes you, you do everything in your power to make sure the boat you own stays in mint condition, regardless of how good you put it on the trailer and I dont sit there blasting the lights at whoevers backing down the trailer. Thats just retarded and common sense. Point being that the original post was asking why people have lights on tower. Well, Im just stating ONE of the common reasons. If you dont need em save $2000 and go buy 42" flat screen for your pad