Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
Here are the last of my vids from the unofficial WW Shasta trip:

Part 3:
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11555

Part 4:
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11556

Part 5:
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11557

Enjoy!!
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
Great job, I cant wait for next year.
How are you doing after operation #2???
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
Ouch! My virgin ears!!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
Hey Scott! Operation #2 was much easier on me than #1. The surgeon removed two of the screws, cut out some scar tissue, removed some loose bone fragments that had worked their way into the joint and removed part of my lateral miniscus. It was frayed (possibly from the bone fragments). I'm now working on strength and mobility. The doc says I can wakeboard whenever I feel I am ready. Pain is my only limitation at this point. Have you made it out on the water much since you have been back home??

Jimmy - I thought Part 1 was the one you would want to plug your ears on...hehehe!
Old    wakelvr            08-16-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
My ears hurt too!

Nice video and nice riding by all. Jimmy, your riding is sick! Looking forward to Saturday!!!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
C, glad to hear you are continuing on the mend! Were those bone fragments what was binding up in the joint, or did he say? I was gonna drop off one of my ghetto knee braces for you, because I figured if you showed it to your doc, he would cringe and then just prescribe you a good one and let insurance pick up most of the tab. Sorry I didn't make it by with that, things getting crazy at work as I've only got 2 weeks left on my contract. Anyway, call me if you want the ghetto brace and I'll swing by, it's got your name on it.

Stefani, thanks! I owe some of it to Christopher Stack's good coaching eye on that trip, he helped me figure out a couple things. Looking forward to seeing you guys finally this year, then I get to sit in fun traffic school on Sunday!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
Very Nice!

Eleven months and counting until Shasta 05.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-17-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   

Nice job once again - HEY we are hitten Shasta Labor Day weekend where are ya all gonna be.

Mike@wakeon.com
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-17-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Darn it FISHER, you went did it again. Nice sequel. Man that water at Shasta just makes me sick.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Jimmy - The Doc said it was a combination of the bone fragments, scar tissue and torn miniscus that were adding to the pain/locking in the joint. Hopefully, all will be well now after it heals from this surgery trauma :-)

Regarding the knee brace, I asked him about a custom one the other day. He said I shouldn't need to wear one. He said the ghetto neoprene brace (ok, those weren't his exact words) would be fine for now. Once I get my muscle strength back, I shouldn't need a brace.

Mike - I'll be sticking around home for Labor Day this year...have a great time up there!

Lance - Thanks!