Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-12-2013, 6:09 PM Reply   
i was lookin on the LF website and phil soven isnt shown on the team ? is he still riding for them ?

http://liquidforce.com/team-us.html
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-13-2013, 4:05 AM Reply   
Maybe they didn't like the way he came across on Wake Brothers either
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-13-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
I watched 1 episode of that and thought it was so stupid.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-13-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
bob is still on the team though? and there are no pictures of him riding on there site
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-13-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
His pro model still has his name all over it... Soooo it's a mistake
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-13-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
There have been times when the LF website doesn't list someone on their pro team, and then everyone freaks, but they show up a while later. A couple times it was related to contract issues, but usually it was a mistake.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-13-2013, 10:36 PM Reply   
Forgetting to list a world champion and one of the top 3 competitive riders in the world? Odd.
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-14-2013, 2:45 AM Reply   
Phil rides for Liquid Force....hence the S4. "Soven 4".

This industry can be disorganized. Lets just ride and not worry about who rides for who
Old     (twowake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-16-2013, 11:14 AM Reply   
I spoke with a very reputable source at the boat show that told me Phil had been dropped from LF and would be riding for another company this year.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-16-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
Well if he really did switch i guess it would not be too surprising... from an industry/history standpoint in relation to siblings. Siblings often end up riding for different teams... probably more often than not

The only names i can think of being on the same team (at some point) right now:
Heany brothers
McKees
Ennens

having some separation between Phil and Bob might be a good idea judging from the wakebros show. ha
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2013, 12:16 PM Reply   
Hmm...his LF bindings seemed to be really popular. His board didn't though.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-16-2013, 12:24 PM Reply   
i must also say that my personal experiences with reps are hit and miss, especially at boat shows ('course ive only been to two major different locations for boat shows)

many reps are super awesome and helpful and respectful.
occasionally there are those that don't know much and/or just dis other brands
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-16-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
any idea what company ?
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-16-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
Well if he really did switch i guess it would not be too surprising... from an industry/history standpoint in relation to siblings. Siblings often end up riding for different teams... probably more often than not

The only names i can think of being on the same team (at some point) right now:
Heany brothers
McKees
Ennens

having some separation between Phil and Bob might be a good idea judging from the wakebros show. ha
Bonifay brothers too.

He is rumoured to have been seen riding/trialing hyperlite boards. This is a blow to hyperlite if so cos the guy is a ........ I'm sure most people have the same opinion of him lol. The soven boot is supposed to be LF's best boot...
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-16-2013, 5:36 PM Reply   
yea the soven boot is by far there best boot ! the deromes as well i would like to see phil go to a company like slingshot it would be really good to help push there product !
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-16-2013, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter134 View Post
yea the soven boot is by far there best boot ! the deromes as well i would like to see phil go to a company like slingshot it would be really good to help push there product !
So you're saying i shouldnt have given my bro my brand new pair of sovens? I hate my 12' shanes
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-16-2013, 6:53 PM Reply   
I guess LF only has room for 1 king.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-16-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
I guess LF only has room for 1 king.
I have yet to see one of his boards out being ridden. Harleys boards/boots yes. Watsons boards/bindings are big in my area too. The number one boot I see around
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-16-2013, 8:09 PM Reply   
Yea the Shane's are to soft. The sovens are the perfect amount of flex and support . But that's very true I work at a board shop and we sell very few of the s4, not a very popular board. I rode it the first year it came out and liked it but there are way better boards out there
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-16-2013, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter134 View Post
I can't think of anyone that would fit in on their team less than phil.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-16-2013, 11:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
So you're saying i shouldnt have given my bro my brand new pair of sovens? I hate my 12' shanes
I gave my bro my sovens too lol only used 3 times. I have vantage ct on my boat set up and like them way better then sovens. Personal preference I guess.
Sovens and watsons are big at my cable park.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 7:31 AM Reply   
LF has lost a ton of big names over the last couple years. They've still got the best team in the industry, with or without Phil, but I'm still not convinced he's leaving.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-17-2013, 7:35 AM Reply   
his post on Twitter with the hashtag #Vengeance is a little odd though....
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-17-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Disregard...that was 2012
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-17-2013, 7:46 AM Reply   
Is that their mobile site? Not showing on the pc version, nor is Benny g
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-17-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
Somehow i clicked on a link and it wasnt updated
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-17-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
Benny G went a long time ago. He works for Transworld now.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-17-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
I really can't say anything about Phil except that he absolutely shreds, but I don't know him personally. You guys talk like ripped you off on ebay or something. Has anyone here had a bad personal experience with they guy? Did he hook-up with your sister and not call her or poop in one of you bindings?

I have never understood why Phil can kill it year after year and get nothing but venom from the masses...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-17-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
Done deal...he just posted on twitter

“@PhilSoven: After 17 years I have decided to part ways from Liquid Force to pursue other future ventures. Thanks for everything Tony and Jimmy. #Phase2”
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-17-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
just saw that too.

he clearly has plans to compete hard. Not many wakeboarders do hypoxia training (if you saw his picture earlier). best of luck to him.

Last edited by Hooya; 01-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Holy ****....
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-17-2013, 11:23 AM Reply   
So will he still be getting a paycheck from Uncle Bob? If so, whats the big deal?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-17-2013, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooya View Post
just saw that too.

he clearly has plans to compete hard. Not many wakeboarders do hypoxia training (if you saw his picture earlier). best of luck to him.
Some pretty funny comments about his pic...

I like the Oprah comment.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
I asked him if he was leaving LF yesterday on this Instagram pic and he deleted the comment so I figured something was in the works. I hope the best for him.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
Man Instgram is just brutal sometimes. If you need a reminder of how stupid and mean people can be, then you should take a look at comments on instagram. People will say anything when they can stay anonymous and completely unaccountable for what they say. kshur30 is the perfect example of a punk hiding behind a screen name talking ****. And the groupies that comment on Phil, Harley's, and several other pro's pictures are hilarious. Marry me, I love you, have my baby, "Youuuu sooooo sexyyyyyy"! haha.

Alright......done ranting.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I can't think of anyone that would fit in on their team less than phil.
Please let it be CWB. Please let it be CWB. Please let it be CWB.

They could make a whole 'nother TV show of them trying to get Phil to participate in all their team antics.
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-17-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
hahhah yea i think he will end up on hyperlite or byerly company along those lines he seems like he would fit good there. i wish i would go to a smaller company like slingshot it would really boost them having some one on the podium every weekend ! but cwb would also be awesome they have a great group of young riders killing it and phil would be a great addition.

Last edited by carter134; 01-17-2013 at 1:42 PM. Reason: additon
Old     (RIDE_LAB)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-17-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin View Post
Please let it be CWB. Please let it be CWB. Please let it be CWB.

They could make a whole 'nother TV show of them trying to get Phil to participate in all their team antics.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I do not know how any team would want him.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-17-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
^ Don't know how any team wouldn't want one of the best in the world? Ronix need a new contest rider? I could see him reppin Byerly.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
I agree with Delta Force.

It won't be CWB, or Ronix.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Man Instgram is just brutal sometimes. If you need a reminder of how stupid and mean people can be, then you should take a look at comments on instagram. People will say anything when they can stay anonymous and completely unaccountable for what they say. kshur30 is the perfect example of a punk hiding behind a screen name talking ****.
Instagram? You just described WakeWorld.

Anyways, good luck to Phil. I've always been a fan and I hope he gets his crown back this year.
Old     (twowake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-17-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
It was a company that i had never heard of before. I can't remember the name but i do know the company mainly make boards for cable. It is not one of the main 5 board company's you would think of. Not to diss on Phil but i think he has had a hard time getting a board sponsor because of his attitude and ability(or lack there of) to play well with others. In wake boarding its not always about being number one but putting in the time with the fans and doing the demo's where you go out and tell 30 people how to do a backroll in the same day. I have been to several demo days with an assortment of riders and i have always felt like they wanted to be there helping me progress my riding and hanging out. I ran into Nunn, Murray and family at a campground once and they invited me and my family to join them for diner! I ran into Phil once at a tour stop and spoke to him, you would have thought i had just hit on his girl friend. Not to be negative about Phil, this is just my experience.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 3:42 PM Reply   
I think you're misguided here. Phil adds more value to his sponsors than 80% of pro riders do without even speaking (just his riding). I imagine he would be a dream signee for any board company. He's like that super-talented college wideout with character issues. The sportscasters will knock him and say he's a bad pick, but come draft day, he's going in the top 10 for $40 million.
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-17-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
Two Wake is the brand your thinking of CTRL?
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-17-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
with the tv show wake brothers companies should be wanting to get phil because thats so much free advertisement. so what if people think hes a dick, people thats see what he rides in that show are going to say " i want that one because phil rides it". if they dont know companies they will just think that it is the best because thats what they get shown on tv.
Old     (wkbddad)      Join Date: May 2005       01-17-2013, 4:14 PM Reply   
Originally Posted by simplej
I can't think of anyone that would fit in on their team less than phil.“

@PhilSoven: After 17 years I have decided to part ways from Liquid Force to pursue other future ventures. Thanks for everything Tony and Jimmy. #Phase2”

How long have you been with the same employer?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I really can't say anything about Phil except that he absolutely shreds, but I don't know him personally. You guys talk like ripped you off on ebay or something. Has anyone here had a bad personal experience with they guy? Did he hook-up with your sister and not call her or poop in one of you bindings?

I have never understood why Phil can kill it year after year and get nothing but venom from the masses...
I think Alliance is partly to blame for this.

Phil owns it on a board and I love watching him ride. His section in The Truth is the best on there, imo, and in my top 3 of all time.

I'm a fan and am looking forward to see what comes next for him. He's now the underdog and I hope he destroys the competition this year.

Good luck Phil!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-17-2013, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowake View Post
It was a company that i had never heard of before. I can't remember the name but i do know the company mainly make boards for cable.
I was strongly thinking that if this was all true that a move to one of the newer companies would be a good bet. Lots of new brands have surfaced in the last few years. New methods of making boards and styles of boards/ riding (flex and sandwich construction and increased cable riding and parks available) has helped to fuel this movement.

CTRL is pretty new and focused on the cable side of things, but i was thinking they were maybe too focused on cable for a competitive boat riding wakeboarder like Phil...

Phalanx and Mutiny are options, but with the two biggest west side riders (Randall and Ricky G and the whole freeride feel, i am not sure there either, seems like a strange mix, but maybe diversity is the aim here or even CTRL above

Humanoid - seems most plausible so far

my mind is starting to draw a blank on the other companies matching criteria above besides those that are from other countries or just too small and new or without a major affiliate and history to make sense.

Otherwise Hyperlite/ Byerly sounded like a good guess. somehow i can see Phil repping those system boots... no reason though
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
Jobe? They've gotten a lot more attention here in the states over the past 2 years.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-17-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Jobe? They've gotten a lot more attention here in the states over the past 2 years.
yea, possible.

the whole jobe to jstar and then back to jobe thing is weird. almost like they were trying to do a similar naming and separation as with CWB and Conley... anyway i digress
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-17-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
i would see him on slingshot or byerly or ctrl before any other new/ smaller company
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-17-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
I could see Jobe. They have really stepped it up in the last year.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-17-2013, 6:06 PM Reply   
I do not think he would mix well with Ricky and Vandall, but I could see him riding Hyperlite or SS.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-17-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
I hate to chime in, wakeworld just hasnt been the same lately, I keep finding myself reading and laughing these days only taking the people who I have been seeing around here for years seriously. I agree with J-Rod, it wont be CWB or Ronix, and honestly I dont think it will be slingshot or CTRL. After watching the Wake Bros show I can tell Phil is a businessman, he knows how to be smart with his money and invest it seems. So with him leaving Liquid Force he will more then likely go to a startup company that will give him ownership of the company, just like parks danny chad etc did when they started Ronix. They are all part owners, which is a great long term investment considering when they retire they will get a Pay check still. I see him getting there and using his name/podium finishes to push the product and try and secure that long term company paycheck!!!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-17-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
Nobody has mentioned Obrien yet...

Bring back gator boards or waketech, or badass!

Last edited by wakebordr11; 01-17-2013 at 7:27 PM.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-17-2013, 9:09 PM Reply   
I think it sucks that everyone wants to jump on the "Phil's a ***** " bandwagon. I have got to know the Soven's personally the past 4 years or so and will say that they will be the first to help someone out. From letting someone stay at their house, use their boat, cars, gas, food, I can not thank them enough for what they have done/helped Taylor with. Yes Phil has a different personality than Bob, but doesn't mean he should get the public lashings that is happening. Also many of those times I mentioned above it was Phil's boat or gas or house that he let us use. Everyone sites Wake Brothers as how he came off, but does anyone think that was totally scripted? Anyway best of luck Phil on whatever board company you choose!
Scott
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-18-2013, 2:50 AM Reply   
Every body just send me $50 when he signs to HL. Lol deal? Done haha
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-18-2013, 6:27 AM Reply   
doesn't he have money in CTRL.. ha
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-18-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbddad View Post
Originally Posted by simplej
I can't think of anyone that would fit in on their team less than phil.“

@PhilSoven: After 17 years I have decided to part ways from Liquid Force to pursue other future ventures. Thanks for everything Tony and Jimmy. #Phase2”

How long have you been with the same employer?
I don't really understand the nature of this post. I was commenting that Phil doesn't really fit with the slingshot team, ennen McKee miller oli derome and shred town don't really line up with Phil's business like attitude and style. Unless they want a big comp rider and can afford him.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-18-2013, 8:38 AM Reply   
Isn't he still essentially riding for the same "Parent Company" if he goes to CWB, Hyperlite, Byerly, Obrien or any of the other Kent companies?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-18-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
He is... But he has been a face and THE face of LF since he was like 8... And the mass public doesn't know the same corporation owns all of these companies... and they probably don't care.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Isn't he still essentially riding for the same "Parent Company" if he goes to CWB, Hyperlite, Byerly, Obrien or any of the other Kent companies?
yes,
i could think of some analogies, but they always have their holes, especially when i cant claim to understand the ins and outs of the kent umbrella.

it might be compared to some of the car companies out there that are all sister companies of one another. switching to another you get different options, pay, benefits, whatever might entice anyone to change positions within any related businesses.

Daniel Bragg (twowake) posts seem to have a reliable source so far and if he heard that it was not one of the major brands, it is likely (not certain) that Phill will be joining a newer brand that is non-kent. It may be a gamble, but there is opportunity to get a "piece of the pie" or some other kind of greater involvement in the industry. Maybe some kind of deal was offered to Phill that would be similar to that between Company Wake (r.i.p.) and Shawn Watson, but this time LF did not have a deal enticing enough to counteract
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
twitter:
Phil Soven ‏@PhilSoven

I will be announcing my future plans in the coming weeks. #2013 #MovingForward

... which is like months in winter time. hahaha!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-18-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Everyone loves to talk smack about Phil but what about this point of view:

Corporate LF says WIN or else - maybe he's going to come out on a new ride/new company/new attitude and kill it. Sounds like he's focused and positive, good stuff
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-18-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Everyone loves to talk smack about Phil but what about this point of view:

Corporate LF says WIN or else - maybe he's going to come out on a new ride/new company/new attitude and kill it. Sounds like he's focused and positive, good stuff
Thats great in theory, but didn't LF finish 1 - 2 in most events. Can't get much better than that.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-18-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
Anyone can crack under pressure. OR Uncle Bob wanted to sell some of his other brands, so he sends the star to another part of his team and keeps his current cash cow - Harley - on LF.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-18-2013, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
twitter:
Phil Soven ‏@PhilSoven

#2013 #MovingForward

... which is like months in winter time. hahaha!
With a hash tag like that i was thinking he could be joining the Obama administration #FORWARD
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-18-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
That's not LF's attitude. That's Phil's attitude. Nobody hates to lose more than Phil.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-18-2013, 7:10 PM Reply   
Just saw on FB that Jobe signed Diego Shaw. Sounds like it's been a good offseason for them whether they get Phil or not.
Old     (SouthCack)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-20-2013, 3:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just saw on FB that Jobe signed Diego Shaw. Sounds like it's been a good offseason for them whether they get Phil or not.
not if they are looking for contest standouts, boss.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-20-2013, 6:27 AM Reply   
You know what, big deal! Fact of the matter is there will always be another guy behind him. This sport is still in its infancy and there are 100's of other Phil's out there training and waiting for their chance and sooner rather than later the spot light will move on.

Remember it's twice as hard to stay at the top than it is to get to the top.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-20-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
Wow... you don't go WWing in a few weeks and the whole world goes CrAzY!

Never met Phil beyond a "Good luck, Phil" and some knucks on his way to the dock, so I'm going to stay out of the whole personality thing. As far as my thought on board companies goes, I believe, you simply have to look at the last few re-arrangements that have been happening in late 2012. A number of riders who have had solid ties, and solid performance have shifted companies within the Archer conglomerate.

A number of riders have moved from LF, HY, Byerly, CWB to one another. I can't think of too many names off the top just because it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet, but the rejuvenation of CWB recently. Those riders (with the exception of Nicola) have come from other Archer conglomerate board companies. When you have a brand like LF that has SO many big contract riders, and they continue to sponsor additional ones, it seems logical that Bob Archer would look to have big names on other company brands to continue to increase and drive business through other channels.

So, CWB, Hyperlite, Byerly, or O'Brien I would think would be the leaders. If you learned anything from the WakeBrothers insight into the Soven's lifestyle, they've been really fortunate with the influx of Sponsorship dollars, and to say that Jobe or Humanoid would have the financial draw to pull Phil, I really don't see it. Unless there was really a personal schism at LF, he'll be with a Bob Archer company. Ronix and Slingshot have the financials to pay him... but I see those at 2nd tier odds.

Conspiracy theory------> Phil has enough to buy into a company from a Rider/Owner standpoint... will he?

MISSED ALL OF YOU! haha
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-20-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCack View Post
not if they are looking for contest standouts, boss.
Meh, they don't need another contest rider, at least not on the cable. Julian Cohen and Declan Clifford have been crushing it all around the world this year, finishing 7th and 8th in the WWA World Wake Park Series. Hell, Decx took out Dominick Guehrs, Nick Davies, and Lior Sofer to finish 2nd at Worlds.

Diego is the ultimate freeriding cable destroyer, and I think he'll fit in perfectly at Jobe.
Old     (jc)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-20-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
My guess is Hyperlite. Based on nothing really.

Regarding his personality, I know nothing about him other than watching WakeBrothers and he is either a massive tool, or agreed to pretend to be a massive tool on the show to try and make it interesting.
Old     (SouthCack)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-20-2013, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc View Post

Regarding his personality, I know nothing about him other than watching WakeBrothers and he is either a massive tool, or agreed to pretend to be a massive tool on the show to try and make it interesting.
Right on
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2013, 5:57 PM Reply   
It's not going to be Hyperlite.
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-20-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
he heard that control recently got sold so if this is true then phil being rider/ owner is very possible....
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-21-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc View Post

Well I had the "pleasure" of having to spend a couple days with him. No pretending.
Old     (TyLudlow12)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-21-2013, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Meh, they don't need another contest rider, at least not on the cable. Julian Cohen and Declan Clifford have been crushing it all around the world this year, finishing 7th and 8th in the WWA World Wake Park Series. Hell, Decx took out Dominick Guehrs, Nick Davies, and Lior Sofer to finish 2nd at Worlds.

Diego is the ultimate freeriding cable destroyer, and I think he'll fit in perfectly at Jobe.
What are you even talking about? You must love Jobe to think this is the case since you mention all Jobe riders. If you look Lior wasn't even at worlds because he's from Israel and can't go there. Diego used to ride for CTRL until they cut him, you don't even hear anything about the guy. As for Dec, yeah hes a good rider and he rode well at one event. Overall, he wasn't even top 5 and the guys you compare him to that are in the top 5 are on another level: Fooshee, Guhrs, Windsor, and Davies. As for Phil, maybe he isn't the most likeable guy by some reports, but you can't doubt his talent or commitment. I wish him all the best wherever he lands
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-21-2013, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'm a Liquid Force guy. The contest I was referring to is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBpbmZgzvPw

Lior was there. He lost to Decx. As for Diego, he's not a popular guy. I never said he was. I said he kills it.

I mentioned all Jobe riders because I was responding to a post about Jobe. I didn't compare Decx to any of the guys you mentioned. I just noted that he beat some of them at that one contest. I never claimed he was top 5. I said he was 8th.

Anything else?