Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
So I'm looking to buy a wakeboard and bindings that are good for everyone to use on the boat. I'm thinking open toed low to mid range board. Not overly expensive. Both women and men will probably use it.

I have a recoil and hate changing my stance all the time, then having to dial it back in.

Anyone got any good ideas?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-13-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
The Arcade/Bill board and the Frank boots is a great setup. It is actually what I ride. I love the board. I believe it came with 1" fins which keep it locked in good for beginners. I switched them out for .7's and love it. It is a perfect combo of loose and locked in. If you really like a loose board you can also take out the center fins and use just the molded in fins. If you are planning on sliding the board the Bill has a Ptex base that is more durable and will hold up better sliding. The Frank boots are super comfy, light and easy to get in and out. They have a dual lace system so they can be used by a wide variety of riders and feet sizes. I see you are from Denver. Go to Tommy's and see what they have. If they have an 09 setup you can probably get a solid deal on it.

This setup was also very reasonably priced when it first came out so you should be able to get a good deal on a the package.

(Message edited by polarbill on November 13, 2009)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-13-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
The CWB Pure/Torq set-up works really well, too.

I'd got to the boat show's this year. There will be some smoking deals on leftover '09 product.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-13-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
2nd what Brett said! The Frank boots are amazing open toed boots and the Bill Board is good for anyone and is durable so it'll last you a long time as your extra boat board. And you'll pick up a good deal on the 2009 setup.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
thank you. I'll look into it.