Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-06-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
My dad bought a 2001 Super Air Nautique, and it comes stock with whatever ballast it had. We also only have one rope, which is a slalom rope. I have mastered switch, and did a wake jump with the slalom rope, hard as heck to get that progressive edge. I think i am at that level where i would benefit from a non-stretch rope. What would be a good, relitivally cheap non stretch wakeboarding rope/where to find it? Also, because our air nautique only came stock with 500 pounds of balast (i think), i have heard alot about fat sacks, and was thinking about getting one for our boat as well. I was thinking about a bow sack, or one you put in the ski locker (v-drive?) because we have slalom racks on our tower anyways. Thanks for the help!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-06-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
i dont know where you live. but at almost any pro shop, they have package deals with a handle and a non stretch line. coated and un coated are available. i prefer coated, but thats all preference.
but they can be found almost anywhere for pretty cheap

i dont know of anyone that has ever done this
but the link im about to post is often put on winches.
its what i have on my winch actually.

but its very cheap. and non stretch. its really small when you get it. but supper strong. way stronger then it looks. i dont know what length you ride at. but you could buy 100 feet of it for only 14$. you can order it from 1 foot up to 600 on a spool.
might be worth thinking about doing that if you want very in expensive. the only downfall i can see to that, is no pre set lengths. but that couldnt take to long to do yourself
http://www.seattlemarine.net/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9374#details
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
I was kinda hoping to go for a package for my first rope. My dad doesnt like brick and morter shops, so that is out of the question. Links would be really helpful! Thanks though! I ride at 60-75 ft.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-07-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Go on ebay and search for the Gator line package. It's a green line with a white handle. I picked one up for cheap and I love it. Good starter rope/handle.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
any rider will benifit from a non stretch rope.

why wont you shop at stores?
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
My dad doesnt like stores or ebay. He thinks that the best deal is online, and its impossible to argue with him.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-07-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
boardersmall.com then
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Could you tell me which one to get on there?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-07-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
Your dad seems to have some very strong opinions. Supporting a local shop is always a good idea, and its often better to buy there because you can talk to (sometimes) knowledgeable staff and actually hold the product in your hands before you buy it. Keep your eye on www.boardersbestbuy.com as well, they have great deals and a rope and handle will come up every now and then.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
shops will usually be able to price match on the same gear as well as they can help you out with all your questions and make sure you get the right gear for you.
also if you ever have an issue with your gear you bought from a shop you will have a place taht can help you.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       11-07-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
heres some good packages although they can be found cheaper sometimes http://www.buywake.com/catalog/Accessories/RopesHandles/proline
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Sigh. What are some good shops in/near orange county?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-07-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
http://wakesports.com/
In Orange County.
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-09-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
What about long beach? Im sure theres some with the marine stadium and everything.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-09-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
I second wakesports. or you can head over to Woodland Hills and hit up Sports Ltd. although they are probably pretty thin on wake related stuff now that winter is coming. Steve is a good guy at Ltd and he would more than likely cut a good deal on packages right now. good luck.
oh yeah, non stretch is definitely a must.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Watch eBay. I bought a $70 rope/handle off of boardersbestbuy.com and my wife fed it to the prop a couple months later. I couldn't stomach another one being eaten at that cost so I checked eBay. I ended up with a much better handle and rope for $36 shipped. It was a private seller (won it in a contest I think) so you won't find an online shop with that price. But I only looked for about two days before that one came up.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Here's one. It's non-stretch poly-e. Not the thin spectra type rope but not as stretchy as a slalom. I used a poly-e rope a lot in the 90's and it was fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-70-4-SECTION-WAKEBOARD-ROPE-PRO-TOURNAMENT-PACKAGE_W0QQitemZ330374160461QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cebd5a04d
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-09-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
^^^ Love that handle. I bought that combo just for the handle (as a spare).
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-09-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
don't get a poly e line. you only want the spectra no stretch lines. just go to buywake.com and look at all the ropes and handles they have. then find what you want and search for the best deal on the net.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-10-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Couldn't disagree with your dad more. You need to support local board shops and it will always pay off
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-10-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
So whats a good boardshop in long beach?