Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-28-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
I am done with my cooler taking up all of my floor space in my X1. Short of getting a new boat, what are my options? RIght now I have a larger iglue cooler probably 3ft by 1ft by 2ft tall and I put it parallel witht he back bench seat. What are other guys doign with their coolers? Is there a good one that fits in one of the compartments? I am tempted to strap it to my swim deck.
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-28-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Has anyone had luck with the cooler tied to the back?
Old    mojo            06-29-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
you could definitely get the little corner stops that alot of fishing boats use and mount those on your platform, then secure the cooler with bungee or tie down, but it's going to make it a pain to use b/c if you use a marine police ridden waterway then you have to stop to open it, and if someone wants to ride it's also a pain, even without it b/c of the corner stops. just an idea that came to me.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-29-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
What about soft sided in the bow under the seat or something, my farther in law swears by the soft sided ones from Sam's or Costco..
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Yea, get a soft sided one and throw it in a compartment. leave it in there while you load it up with drinks and ice and itll conform a bit. should work!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-29-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
These are the best. http://www.aocoolers.com/
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-29-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
I've got the same boat and I get one of those styro coolers from the jiffy every season and it fits perfect in the back compartment between the ballast and engine divider. When winter comes around it pretty trashed and I chunk it and get a new one when i start using the boat a a lot again
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-30-2010, 4:23 AM Reply   
I was worried that the engien compartment would get too hot and I would end up with warm drinks by the end of the day. I like the soft sided cooler idea as well.