Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Not trying to start an arguement of why the design is like it is.

As many's MC boats have done from this vintage, the stitching on the rear engine cover on my 205V has started to come apart in multiple places. In those years, MC placed stitching in rows every 3-4 inches or so running parallel with the boat. I'm curious, for those who have had this reupholstered, have you gone away from the "rows" and just had a solid sheet of vinyl laid instead? There is so much foot traffic in that area and obviously it is where people sit to get their board on as well. I want to do the best thing for longevity.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-22-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
They did have a lot of those go bad. I wonder if you talk to an upholstery shop they can tell you what way is the most durable. I would think that just a solid gray piece would be. Then you can spend the money on the higher quality vinyl vs expensive stitching. If is doesn't match anything on the rest of the boat though it might not look right.
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-22-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
We are in the process of having our seat all redone at our local vinyl shop and yes they are doing a solid sheet, do to they said high traffic would last for a longer time. With the younger children we have and some of their friends that tag along the traffic with kids was a concern with us so we have decided to do the full sheet and the factory color scheme. Hope this helps you.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Erik - I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my rear hatch (no rows). I used an upholstery shop down in Savage a few years ago to do my seats...did a fabulous job. They get the material directly from MC, so it's a perfect match.

I think we can maybe get a discount if we get them done at the same time...since they would be doing the exact same thing. Shoot me an email if you want to discuss further. jlfogelson@hotmail.com
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Jay - sent you an email.