Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-30-2007, 11:02 PM Reply   
i just got a new slingshot board for christmas and i am just wondering if the new cwb bindings would fit on it. it looks like the plate on the bindings is super small and the 08 slingshot boards are rigged for 8" plates. anyone know about this?
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-31-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
no but they have cwb bindings on www.boardersbestbuy.com this morning...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-31-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
i'm not 100% certain either, but i have heard two or three people excited about CWB bindings being narrower on the base to preserve more of the board's flex without having to use the slingshot bindings.

F.Y.I. If you were one that tried the old '07 bindings and hated them but have not tried the '08 slingshot bindings then i would give e'm a try. It looks like slingshot has made a ton of changes for '08 on the boots. Using slingshot bindings will preserve every inch of flex potential. but if the CWB ones do fit... I would assume that they would be the next best thing
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-31-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Well if you think about it the inserts are spaced an inch apart. I believe that if you use the widest setting possible with a 6 inch plate versus an 8 inch plate, the overall width of your stance will be two inches narrower (one inch per side).
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       12-31-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
yes they will fit the six inch plate comes with an extra claw so it will fit other boards i just learned this last week at a CWB meeting.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-01-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
is that extra claw going to be as sturdy as the regular one. i guess the mental picture i get of that is something flimsy at best.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-01-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
It is very strong---works great
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-01-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
can't wait til summer to try them out. i will need to check out the new slingshots too. thanks for the info.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-04-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
I just put CWBs on a Hyperlite. Using the std fittings, instead of having 4 stance options....you only have two. You lose the very narrow and very wide options. So if the board you are putting em on was built for 8", and has 4 positions, then you only have a problem if you wanted the narrowest or widest setting.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-04-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
I tried on the Slingshot D2 today and I think they may be the most comfortable bindings I've ever tried on! (Definitely beat the snot out of the 07 CWB Zeus I demoed this summer.)
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-05-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
i just went to try on a bunch of bindings. now granted i wasn't riding them but i just have to say the cwb's did not feel nearly as comfortable as i thought they would nor did they make the in and out as easy as i figured it should be. i tried a grundle of bindings on and really i think that the liquid force vantage gave me the best feeling i have had since i started wakeboarding. i also tried the slingshot pb floyd and loved those as well. it is going to be a tough decision. i think i am way to impatient to wait til summer to demo. i'll prolly pay for it. i also liked the ronix kai by the way. if anyone wants to give me some dirt that will make this easier i wouldn't mind. may need to start a new thread i guess.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-05-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
Did you try the new CWB's? Their boots definitely break in and get much softer as they form to your foot. How did the Hinge not make it incredibly easy to get in? I love my Answers, they are very soft and the support is perfect. Plus if you want to look at durability nothing will beat C-dub.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-05-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
yeah they were the 08s that i tried. don't know man, they just didn't feel right. it may have been better if they had more size options but it just wasn't working. the hinge did make it easier but not as easy as i thought it would. the vantage had the quickest in and out. i was shocked. the pb floyd was way easy too.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-05-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
I also tried the D2 and PB Floids in the store this week. The D2's are deffinately a big improvement (from the '07), the lace pull snaps (prevent lace dangle 100%) and the poron footbeds and improved liner with interior lace were the things i noted most. For some reason i couldn't get the PBfloids to work for me. I thought the "simplified" lace was more complicated...

I havn't tried the Vantage bindings, but just looking and reading about them i wouldn't second guess that they would win the easy-in/out contest.

As for the hinge, I have discovered that the laces in front limit the hinge's potential to open wider. The laces will only loosen so far and will prevent the back from opening as wide as they potentially could be... or the front will start to be pulled back a little as the hinge opens. OF COURSE IT STILL OPENS UP SIGNIFICANTLY TO GET YOUR FEET IN SUPER EASY, but it just seems to me that the ABSOLUTE greatest opening potential lies at the front of the binding where the more flexible tongue piece can practically allow the entire foot in at once with little to no toe-pointing needed... I imagine the vantage takes "adVANTAGE" of this (excuse the pun)
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-05-2008, 11:49 PM Reply   
you nailed it with the diagnosis on the cwbs. man the more i think about it the more i love the way those vantage boots fit. they took me back to the days when i could fall asleep on a couch snuggled up to a life sized teddy bear..... put that on the water and you'll make millions i tell ya.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Hmm. . . I was personally kinda bummed by the Vantages but I prefer a stiffer binding. But I was even more bummed by LF's rediculous Van's bindings. I thought the point was they were supposed to be so comfortable since they were designed by Van's, or something like that.