Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (waker_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
well i was just doing some strange thing and i would like to know what it is. im not even sure if its a trick or not. didnt land it.

skip the first 2 minutes please. pointless warm up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Nk7oETje4
Old     (waker_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
oh and if you have any advice on how to do a backroll it would be appreciated
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
I'm no expert but It looked like an extremely misspun 360 attempt ha. I couldnt tell ya if thats a trick or not. It looked like you sorts initiated the spin at the wake, and in the air you must have done something funky with the rope causing some sorta roll or flip.

But that just what it LOOKS like to me.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Wait I take that back, It sorta looks like you tried to backflip or something. Like tip over tail, but not cartwheel style, like the nose was pointing torwards the boat and you tried a backflip.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
I would guess the most laid out Roll-2-Revert I have ever scene
Old     (waker_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
haha thanks. i think ill try to work on whatever it is. maybe something good will come of it...
Old     (burke)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-20-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
That looked a lot like my first few attempts at a backroll. Mine looked like an off axis 3 attempt.

If you are in fact trying a backroll, here is what I did differently. I'm still not landing them, but getting really close and spinning correctly now. Trying lifting your lead shoulder (left) upwards, while tilting your head towards your trailing shoulder (right).

Also, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponTdgycYV8
Old    sdahockey21            08-22-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Hey Scott I live in Niceville and Ride Rocky Bayou all the time.. I sent you a PM. We should go ride sometime.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
I have no clue what that is you were attempting and i dont think it is a trick but it looked kind of cool. On the backroll just make sure you take a mellow edge towards the wake, then when you get about 3-4 ft from the wake build you edge. When you get to the wake maintain a strong edge all the way through the wake and when you get to the top of the wake combine it with a tall standing position. Wait for the pop and then look over your lead shoulder and make sure the handle is close your body with elbows at the sides. Then hold on for the ride.
Old    sdahockey21            09-04-2007, 1:47 AM Reply   
Hey Scott I live in Niceville and Ride Rocky Bayou all the time.. I sent you a PM. We should go ride sometime.