Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-23-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Alex, How are you folks? Glad to hear there's another poster this year...The fridge needs another signature series!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-24-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
Jim B, I will bring the board home with me this weekend and we will figure something out for getting it to you, I am just afraid the shipping will be almost as much as the board!

I got the heater all finished up in the boat last night, and the shower all plumbed, I just ran out of light to finish wiring the shower last night or it would be all done. Really not that bad a project, maybe 5 hours total.

We are heading north to Lake Wally Saturday afternoon and should get some riding in over the course of the weekend. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend!
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-24-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
Gavin I'll see you out on wallenpaupack this weekend, heading up friday night.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-25-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
Jim, I talked to Dave W and he said he has to meet up with you in the next week or so to get that prop puller, I am gonna drop the board off at his house probably Tuesday night and I can catch up with you on the $ at wakefest if that is cool.

Dave M, we will be up late afternoon Saturday, but should be out Sunday, I'll look for you. Dave was telling me yours is the yellow and white X10 right?
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-25-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Yep yellow and white x10
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-25-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
Annette and I both passed the PA boater exam. It is a bit less intensive then the NJ exam, 75 questions online at a cost of $25. Never the less this will have us covered for any water related activities in the Garden State.

Good to see you guys up at Lake Wally getting it going!

Alex, Doreen, Woody, we plan on hitting Borden town around 10am on Sunday hope to see you out there.

It's going to be a great weekend for boarding, enjoy everyone.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
We are trying for Saturday so maybe we will see you out there.
Old     (jond)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Hi All,
I found this message board by accident last year and registered but never got around to posting until now. My name is Jon and the Delaware River crew has probably seem me and my family (6 year old boy and 11 year old girl) many times. For the last 12 years I've been running a 17' Four Winns on the Delaware and spend a lot of time around the Boardentown Area.

I'm an old slalom skier (which means I understand the value of smooth water) but I had the wakeboard out a decent amount last year and want to get better at it - need some advice on landing. My kids both kneeboard and my daughter skis. I want to get my daughter a wakeboard (rather than a set of JR skis) that will be able to be passed down to my son when he is ready but she says she doesn't want a wakeboard (help please).

I just picked up a new Yamaha SX210 with twin jets a few weeks ago (not a ski/wakeboard boat but it fits my budget and garage - couldn't even get the factory tower because it doesn't fold). It's got a wide black band with blue and grey graphics and a black bimini - if you see me out there feel free to pull up alongside and say hi.

I'll be out tomorrow but I'm launching from Neshaminy State Park and will have a bunch of friends and kids on board so I don't know if I'll get up to Boardentown area.

If anyone has some kids equipment they want to sell or any advice on what I should get let me know.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I can't wait to grab onto that rope handle tomorrow!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Jon,

Welcome!

I too am originally a slalom skier, but I got hooked on wakeboarding 2 years ago.

We'll be out saturday launching from Bordentown, stop and say hello (Black/White X-star)

Has your daughter watched any wakeboarders her age before? My son just started last year and loves it (he's 13 now). He'll be riding tomorrow if she wants to see how much fun it is.

To really get your family pumped-up about boarding, come to NJ Wakefest June 30th at Bordentown. www.njwakefest.com
We also have our own site for wakeboarding in NJ. www.wakeboardnj.com

See you on the river!

-Dave
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Jon,Welcome. Like Dave said you and the family should come to wakefest. We will keep our eye out for you on the river.My 13 year old daughter tried wakeboarding twice very late last summer and liked it so much she can't wait to ride this year. My 11 year old daughter says she is going to try it this summer as well.

(Message edited by jim_b on May 25, 2007)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Jim, shouldn't you be working? :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
I was on break

Gavin That sounds good, I also talked to dave yesterday. Thanks

I want to see pictures of everybodies day on the water so I can look at them at work tonight and feel worse.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Sorry no pics today Jim, but had a nice day on the water with my family, Justin, Michele, JB and Russ. Besides 8 peeps in the boat, we had about 500# extra ballast thanks to JB. The wake was awesome.

To those of you going out sunday, have a great day on the water! Water temp is at least 70-71!
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       05-26-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Hey guys my names Mike, I'm thirteen years old and this is my second year wake boarding. I wake board on the Mays Landing River. Any body else wake board out there?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Welcome Mike. No to the mays landing river. Are you coming to our 2nd annual New Jersey Wake Fest on June 30th?
PS Dave I'm on break again.
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
A big thanks to Dave and Brian for this weekend, got to ride some pure butter on all sets, and I also tried to seperate my face from my head today, but all in all was a great weekend. I'm off to York to go do some more riding on the Susquhana (spelling?).

Russ
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Your more than welcome Russ. It's nice to have you around, your a big help .If all your friend are like Tim than their all welcome. Even though he puked a couple of times, it's all good. LOL As long as he doesn't do it in the boat, he can come along whenever he wants.

It was nice to finally hook up with Justin and Michele. Michele if we shorted that line some more you'll be popping off W to W all the time.

Maybe next weekend we can all raft up and hang out. Even though my boat doesn't have cleats.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Glad to hear you guys had a good day, despite Russ's face/head seperation and Tim puking??? I guess I'll get those details later on.

I spent the morning shoveling mulch until my back hurt, but it's all done now so I'm happy! :-)

More riding and raft-up in the cove next weekend sounds good to me Woody. Saturday or Sunday? Either one is good for us.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-27-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Had a good weekend out, came back this afternoon. Gavin where are you on the lake, are you over across from Ironwood point?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
Doug, Karen and I are tearing it up here in Avalon. Last 2 nights we have had the channel to ourselves...water is chilly, 61-64, but a chill guard or a spring suit is all that you need...plus my handy fresh water shower with warm water filling your suit before you jump in really helps!

This is definately the warmest water we have had in Avalon on Memorial Day in all the years I can remember!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Welcome Jon and Mike, Jon I have a board and binding setup you may be interested in for your kids, shoot me an email at avw8699@yahoo.com and I can give you the details.

The conditions on the Delaware yesterday were great! And not to mention in less then a month we went from dry suits to trunkin it.

Russ / Woody, it was good seeing you in passing (Woody the new boat looks tight’).

Russ, here is the link to the PA boaters course. http://www.boat-ed.com/pa/pa_internet.htm. I took the practice test maybe 5 or 6 times before taking the real test. Give me a call if you have any questions 267 640-1327.

As always it was great to have Justin and Michele along for the day and spending some quality time communicating with Alex, Doreen, and Connor on the rivers edge.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-28-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Hello everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your memorial weekends. I am hangin out in the stifling city. I wanted to tell everyone that knows me that I'm in a show in the city that will be playing on Saturday nights in June and July. So if anyone is coming to the city and wants to see me do stupid stuff on stage, let me know. I'm sure you're all out on the water today, I know I wish I was, but is anyone going out next weekend? Alex & Doreen, KG? I'm itchin to go and it's been a while since I've seen you guys, let me know
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 4:39 AM Reply   
Yea, I'm defiantly coming out and really looking foward to it. Also, does anyone have any information on the Liquid Sports shop. Phone #, e-mail, etc.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Dave M, yeah we are across from ironwood, about half way down that shore line. Sadly I spent most of the weekend working around the house and had time for one quick session Monday morning for about an hour (man I am out of shape!). Will you be back up this coming weekend? We will be up but will need a third.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-29-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
Gavin, Ill be back up this weekend if you want to go out. Dont think I will have anyone with me that will be able to drive. I thought that was your tige that I saw but wasnt sure. I got a few runs in before it got choppy on Sat mornin.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Dave, shooting you an email, give me a shout and we will set something up for this weekend, we are short our normal third and you are more than welcome to join us!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Jim, I'll be picking-up that board from Gavin wednesday, and I may be hitting the river on saturday morning. Maybe that works into your schedule???

I'll be looking for riders for a saturday morning run as well, any takers? (Cole? Justin? Michele? JB, etc.)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Mike Necky, phone # for Lisa @ Liquid Sports is 856-482-8200. If no answer, leave a message.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Dave I'm working Friday,Sat,and Sunday.I hurt my back bad again yesterday pulling up my deck to redo it. If my back is up to it next Sat. will be my Tige's first dunk. Cross your fingers for my back cause it needs it
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-29-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
What an awesome weekend!! Justin and I had a great time and were able to see so many of the Jersey crew members. We greatly appreciate the pulls Dave, Woody, and Brian and Annette. Alex, Doreen, and Connor...we also enjoyed all the communication going on Sunday afternoon : )

Thanks Woody, lets hope so. Hopefully we can get out for some evening rides after work during the week. That wake was great!!

Russ and Matt, thanks for the pointers. Cole, hope to see you on the river soon!!

Jim, I am keeping my fingers crossed for your back.

...Speaking of injuries, after that fall on Saturday (JB, Russ, Dave, Kyle, and Justin know the one), I had quite the shiner and at work today I had to let everyone know what happened to prevent the battered house wife rumors...lol

Doreen, I am looking up the recipe for you after this, so expect an email. Sorry to have to go here guys, but I have to let Doreen and Karen know...I finally got my first pedicure tonight!! They have been wanting me to go for a couple years now...You're right, worth every penny!!

Can't wait to see you all!! 32 days till the NJ Wakefest!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
A great way to spend a memorial weekend is on the river boarding and chillin' with friends! And there was hardly any traffic for a holiday weekend, so all those die-hard shore people can keep their salt and sand for themselves! (Karen, KG, and Doug excluded because you were boarding)

As Michele said, thanks again to all that gave us pulls. Michele and I are steadily becoming NJ's at-large boat whores! Woody, it was good to finally get together for some pulls! The new X-1 is sweet, I def. like the wake. And with Russ and Matt (the heaver) it was good laughs! I've never seen anything like that before in my life Matt! Dave, again, thanks for the pulls on the new X-Star. Brian and Annette, thanks for the pulls and shenanigans we always enjoy when together! And Alex, Doreen, and Connor, it's also a pleasure when we can just sit and "communicate" as Connor put it! That kid cracks me up! . And we saw George and family on Saturday enjoying some pulls! Alex was even back on the wakeboard!!

*edit: I forgot to mention it was amazing as always watching JB ride! I could watch you ride all day long! Are you going to be out this weekend? (as I know you mentioned you are eagerly looking to get out riding a ton more this season)

Nice to see Cole and Jim checking in, sorry to hear about your back Jim. Cole, congrats on the spot in the show!

Glad to hear KG, Karen,and Doug had a good weekend as well! All in all it sounds like it was a good holiday weekend for us all. It's a great way to kick off the start to the season. I'm looking forward to the weekends/weeknights ahead.

Gavin, are you planning on a B'town showing anytime before Wakefest?

Also, welcome to the newcomers to NJ's Wakeboarders, Jon and Mike!

See you all this weekend in B'town.

(Message edited by newmy79 on May 29, 2007)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
Oh Michele....Good for you Girlfriend!! I get them all year round. Gotta have those toes looking good!
We'll be out early Sunday morning as Alex is working this Saturday. We're planning a midday stop for lunch if anyone else is going to be on the water.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2007, 5:13 AM Reply   
Sunday is going to be our day as well. Ant has a playoff game on Saturday.
Mid day lunch sounds like a great plan,,,, see you then!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Okay who has it?

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13416511/detail.html?dl=mainclick
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I think we are going Friday after work. Not sure about the weekend.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Jim, I fenced-it to pay-off the boat! :-)

Honestly, that is a shame for that guy. Hope he gets a replacement that fits.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
OMG! $65,000 for an artificial leg??? Yikes, poor guy. Don't know what I'd do if I saw it floating in the water!

Brian, glad to hear you're in on Sunday, anyone else going to be on the water for a hookup in the cove?

Guess what everyone....I CAN'T WAIT FOR WAKEFEST!! :-)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Looks like we'll join you guys sunday morning. If anyone wants a pull, I have room. What time's everyone getting there?

On a different note, we just made reservations at the Westlake resort on Smith Mt. lake, VA for Brostock weekend August 10-12th. The following riders should be there: Collin Harrington, Keith Lyman, Ben Greenwood, Kevin Henshaw, Travis Propst, Adam Fields.

This is like the ultimate road trip but should be well worth it! (7 1/2 hours) That lake is beautiful!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-31-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Russ, looks like a totally new place! I only remember the before pictures from last year, but that's what I call a makeover...I'll be in NY till June so holler if you are getting any pulls in the area and can include a third...I desperately need that first ride.

I am totally jealous of those who went out for their first pulls these past few weeks. I've been making the move to NYC during the weekends so I haven't been much around any kind of water, but now I am getting antsy. I'm actually working in Manhattan till the end of June so it would be awesome to join some of you for some pulls. My plan is to stop by for the Wakefest before I head back to Boston.

The season is in!!!!!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-31-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
Glad to hear your around Kell, We ski here every tues and thurs if your antsy
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-31-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
Greetings all: This Sunday's high tide is at 5:00am and low tide is at 1:00pm. Even though Sunday will
be my only day off this week, we're still going to get up as early as we can, get as much of the river's
morning butter as we can get, break for lunch, and then pull-out as soon as the tide comes back up enough.
Last Sunday I think I rode a bit too hard for the real first time out and I jacked-up my back a bit.
Hopefully I'll be good to go again by this weekend.
Maybe we can hit that PA cove by the Turnpike bridge for lunch. Anchoring and tying-up in the open water
results in us getting pounded by the wake of every boat that passes by.

Alright! It's kickasskel checkin' in! You should check with Charles, Cole and/or Doug Kel. They know exactly
how to take trains from New York City right to the Bordentown boat ramp.

While hanging-out on the river last Sunday, Doreen, Connor, Justin, Michele, Annette, Brian and I all
saw something really weird floating in the water. We theorized it was a dead fish, a big dead eel,
or maybe even the leg of a deer. We weren't sure what it was. Maybe it was that poor guy's lost leg!

A 7½ hour road trip for a wakefest? Sounds like a good time, but I think it's a pinch out of our range.

Yo yo yo JZ. Where are your June 30 hotel reservations? If they're not at the Bordentown Ramada, I
suggest you change them. The Ramada is going to be "the" place to be the night of the wakefest. Trust me.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-01-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Justin, wakefest will most likely be our first trip to b-town for the season, heck after tomorrow that might be the next time I get to ride, but it is cool. Heading to the lake this weekend, hopefully the rain will keep a lot of people away and the water stays flat!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Wazzzz-up AK? How's that back treating you??
Sara and I chose Hampton Inn about a month ago due to the fact she got us a super discount. I'll walk .5 miles back to my hotel if I'm not all there

Check out the link. You'll have to copy and paste it in the "Address box" under the tool bar, for some reason the link will not fully highlight??

http://www.kayak.com/s/hotelprogress.jsp?searchid=bBX$Pd1mc9ZJycZDZbbp

Forget this link...look at the one in the next post

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 01, 2007)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=+Ramada+Inn%2C+Bordentown+NJ&FORM=M SNH

On the right of page second link down "Visiting Bordentown NJ"...Check it out
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Alex, count me in man! I've got to get out of this city.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
WOW the thread is really jumping in the last few days!
Some guy lost his leg in the deleware (it just adds to the unique items floating between the banks)
Kelly is working in NYC!
Jeff's got the motel hookup!
Gavin is continuing his search for flat water!
Alex's boarding time is being interupted by work!

Not to mention, little league playoffs, 7hour trips to awesome lakes, pedicures, Cole is onstage and the newcomer Mike(welcome Mike).

Ain't the summer grand!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
F it all.. I'll be there! Links suck, ever changing
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Hey everyone.........as of 05/31/07 water temp is 77 degrees!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-02-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
You know what's kind of cool? This Sunday, June 3, is the one year anniversary of the inaugural NJ wakefest.
Sheesh. Where did that year go? And if you think about it, this time last year I was still boarding in
Turtle Cove every weekend. I think the last time I was in Turtle Cove was for the Turtle Shoe Two County Challenge!

I was digging wakefest stuff out of the shed yesterday (pieces of the stage, tarps, etc) and I still have the
original three hay bails from last year's wakefest! They've been kept dry and up off of the ground, so
they appear to be in perfect shape. Thus, last year's wakefest hay bails will probably be this year's wakefest
hay bails as well!

I've begun updating www.njwakefest.com a bit. I still have more work to do, but at least now the main home page
is a little more up-to-date.

Yeah Jeff, I went to your link and looked around but I could find anything that said "Visiting Bordentown, NJ"
I didn't say anything because I thought I was doing something wrong. How did you so eloquently put it?
"Links suck."
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-02-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
Ha ha ah ha...It's back now but for how long??
"Visiting Bordentown NJ" It's the first title...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Funny, 1 year ago today was the 1st annual wakefest and the weather was exactly the same.Freaky
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-03-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
Went out with Gavin yesterday and today. I got lots of work to do to get back in shape.
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I was wondering if your kids around my age,13, are clearing the wake. I don't really use a wakeboarding boat so the width of the wake is a little different, but I did clear it two weeks ago. Here's the link to the video, and if anyone has any tips of how to go bigger, they would be greatly aprecieted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaEAERfIp-E
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-03-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Hey, just wondering if anyone going out anytime soon has some extra space on the boat? I'll throw down some cash for gas, food, etc. If it matters, I'm 28, and last season was my first full season riding. Have my own board and vest. Lemme know, it would be cool to meet up w/ some local nj riders...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-03-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Hey Everybody....check out www.njwakefest.com for all the wakefest updates. Nice work Alex on the updated website!

Jim, we were saying the same thing today! 2 years in a row it rained. I say we never have the wakefest on this day again!

Hey Chris, welcome to the NJ Riders thread. Where do you normally ride? This is usually the time of the year where you can find the crew here on the water in bordentown just about every weekend.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-03-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
I packed the boat with everything Saturday night, and Doreen and I planned to head-out at 5:30am Sunday
morning. But a quick look at the sky Sunday morning, paired with quick watch of the weather channel, and
we decided to stay home. I hated to miss a day on the river (especially after getting everything ready
to go), but I hate boating in the rain, towing in the rain and unloading the boat in the rain even more.
Plus, with dead low tide at 12:55pm, even if it started to pour around noon, we probably would have had to
stay out until at least 2:00 or so for the tide to come-up enough at the ramp to pull out. All things
considered, we didn't want to roll the dice and chance being soaked and miserable. Oh well.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2007, 4:48 AM Reply   
Mike, nice video. My 13 year old daughter has been on a board twice but doesn't do jumps yet.

Chris, stay tuned to this web page and you'll see as the weekend nears a plan will form for the weekend and you'll be able to get a ride.

Does the news letter from KG mean there is going to be a film showing at Bordentown ramp after the wakefest?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2007, 5:13 AM Reply   
The Transgression Premiere is going to be at The Bordentown Ramada, right on 206, just a short drive from
the boat ramp area. The best way to get there is to head-out on Farnsworth, make a right onto 130, then
jug-handle around at the first light to make a "left" onto Duns Mill Road. Duns Mill Road sort of ends at
a light at 206 and the Ramada is right there. If you take 206 there you can't make a left at that light.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
Jim, the weather the first weekend in June seems to always rain. My parents are into street rods and go every year go to the York street rod show, every year it is the first weekend in June and every year they get soaked, at least that is how it has been the past 8 years running , guess the first weekend in June is cursed!

Dave, nice meeting and riding with you this weekend, hopefully next time we will have some more people to allow a little rest between runs! Couldn't beat the conditions this weekend thought!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
So far my back is only about 40% but that should not stop me from debueting my new boat this Saturday at B-town. Anybody know the tides for Sat? Who's going and what time? I'm hoping my monster bimini gets here before then.

Gavin, I will get that board from Dave this Saturday and take care of you next time I see you. Hopefully soon.

(Message edited by jim_b on June 04, 2007)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Jim, tides for saturday:

Low 4:45 am.
High 9:48 am.
Low 5:14 pm.

www.saltwatertides.com

I'll most likely be out sat. morning around 8:30. Can't wait to see you boat!
Anyone else hitting the water on saturday?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Thanks Doreen :-) I rode all last season on a lake in cooperstown NY. I'll be up there again in 2 weeks, but then wont be able to ride again on that lake til late july. It would definitely be cool to meet up w/ some local nj riders this season :-)

Thanks Jim, I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread as well as the rest of the forum to see what develops.

On a side note, it looks like I'll be paddling out to surf on wednesday if anyone wants to meet up :-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
Yea it was windy on Sat and raining on Sun down in Avalon...but we had a grand old time! Doug and I got to ride on a 2007 Supra 24SSV. That is a big boat!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
Chris, mark your calendar for June 30th - "2nd Annual New Jersey Wakefest". You'll definately meet most of the people that post on this thread. If you don't hook up with us until then, make sure you stop by and see me (I'll be the one selling t-shirts, raffles and helping with public relations) and I'll introduce you to the crew. We have a really cool community here and welcome everyone.

Looks like Saturday will be our day weather permitting.

Michele, I made your recipe on Saturday. It was great! It was gobbled up with a small portion left over the next day. Thanks again. Now I just need Annette's blue cheese cole slaw mix.

www.njwakefest.com
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Chris, where are you surfing Wednesday?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Doreen, Consider my calendar marked I'll shoot up there for a few hours at least, I just have to make sure I leave early afternoon b/c right now my shift requires me to work Saturday nights til August :-(

Rider, I'll either be paddling out at Manasquan or the Spring Lake area. I'm gonna try to get down there kinda early. shoot me an email if you wanna come, I'll give you my cell to meet up.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
Hey everybody!

Alex & Doreen, I'm sorry to say that you missed a great day on the river. The rain held off long enough to get in 2 sets each (1 wakeboard, 1 wakesurf). There were no boats on the river and the water was pretty much glass the whole time. Air temp was colder than the water, but we toughed it out. We had a great time. I do understand how much effort and work it takes though for you to trek to B'town. We missed you guys!

Big thanks to Brian and Annette for the pulls! We even had Kelly Lee with us, she came down from the city to ride! We all rode really well. As we were pulling into the ramp Dave, Russ, Matt, Tim, and Kyle were pulling the Xstar out. Russ mentioned Tim was throwing some crow mobes and other tricks, it would have been cool to see him ride.

Kevin, how nice is that boat? Someday when we can afford a boat, Michele and I are looking at a Supra 21V. Who's boat was the 24SSV?

Jim, hope to see you on the river with the new Tige!

Oh, and I want to thank Woody again for the pulls last Thursday!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
Also, congrats to Alex on the njwakefest site. Looking good with the new updates!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Despite dodging the rain all Sunday afternoon we had some pretty good water conditions on the Delaware. Everyone was riding very well all things considered. We even managed to pick up Kelly Lee along the way with her hard charging toe side approach. The day ended with a bit of wakesurfing and Anthony steering the boat back in through the channel to the docks. We didn’t quite get the covers on the boat before the skies opened up, so I’ve got some cleaning and drying to do.

It looks like we are in for this Saturday also.

Jim, can’t wait to see the new ride.
Dor, I’ll get on her about that recipe…..
Alex: Great updates on the NJ Wakefest and its goings on, very cool stuff!

Welcome Chris N, Justin H. I barely recognized you!

(Message edited by eustace on June 04, 2007)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
So far it looks like there will be a nice crew out on Saturday. We may finally make the midday stop in the cove for the first tie up of the season! Can I see a show of hands for who will be there? I may bring some pre-wakefest posters for the crew.

I just realized if you go to the njwakefest site and click on the transgression pic, it takes you to the site which tells all about the movie with cool pics and video.

Brian, no rush on the recipe....I have all summer to bug Annette for it! :-)

Yaaaaay Anthony!! Getting some boating hours in early!

www.njwakefest.com
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-04-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
Big thanks to Brian and Annette for the pulls on Sunday and Dave for taking the time to hook me up with them~ It was a great first ride of the season and I can't wait to get on the water again! Everyone was charging it and although it was raining a little, we had great conditions. The water was smooth as ever and I can't believe I forgot how much I missed riding.
Can't wait to see everyone at Wakefest~
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-04-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
Big thanks to Brian and Annette for the pulls on Sunday and Dave for taking the time to hook me up with them~ It was a great first ride of the season and I can't wait to get on the water again! Everyone was charging it and I guess the good spirit rubbed off on me. Although it was raining a little, we had great conditions. The water was smooth as ever and I can't believe I forgot how much I missed riding.
Can't wait to see everyone at Wakefest~
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Have I ever mentioned that I love our thread!

Micah (aka "The Micah" "G Money" "Money") is in town...showed up at our place around 11:30 last night...and the rumor is that he will be East Side for the next 6-7 weeks on a project in NYC. So what does this mean...well we will definately see more of him this summer. Were looking at bordentown this Sat as well. With all the boats and the 85+ weather that could be happening...it is sure to be another great day in Jersey!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Justin,
The Supra is owned by my friend Matt Kelly from PA. heres a pic... http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/449616.html?1179440789
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
KG, nice Supra your friend's got there. Where in PA does he use it? (Maybe we can invade his "turf" in the near future)

Kelly, glad you got some pulls from Brian. I think the light rain scared all the other boats away........nice!

Doreen, we're in for saturday morning around 8am. Russ, Tim, Matt I have some extra room. :-)
Kelly, rain check???
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Tides for saturday:

Low 4:45 am
High 9:48 am
Low 5:14 pm
High 10:29 pm

Water temp as of monday........73
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Looks like our day might be Sunday morning. Dave W I hope sometime soon I can get a pull behind that X-Star
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-05-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
Dave, you can count me and Tim in, Matt has a big test on Monday so i know he will be out for sure, but Tim's dad was thinking of heading out this way if that would be alright, it's not for sure yet. I'll give you a call and get you more info. I know Tim wants to ride as much as he can before he gets ankle surgery on June 22nd.

Kelly, sorry we missed ya, hope you got some good water, and ya the house has come along way, but it's 99% finished, just need to get unlazy and do a few touch up paint jobs here and there.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
George, anytime!

Russ, Tim's dad is welcome to come along too.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
Dave, thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, my dad's coming to visit from Korea this weekend so I will have to spend time with him in the city. (It's funny how I refer to my dad's visit as unfortunate...) I am free on all other weekends and will definitely take you up on that rain check soon enough!!!

Russ, sorry I missed you, too. It would have been fun to see you ride~ Next time, I promise~