Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
I am thinking about getting a Sony CDX-R30M. Any better suggestions? I want a head unit that played MP3's and was also marine. My last Head unit was JVC and lasted a month on the water (not marine grade).

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on March 20, 2006)
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
I have this MB Quart

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14121

I paid $500 (MSRP) for it. I love it. It sounds great, and plays MP3. I also have the wired remote, which took the place of my Clarion hole. The Clarion sucked.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
One more question. As far as an amp for the NVS addictions. I was thinking about going with a hifonics TXI6406, phoenix Gold x200.4, or soundstream 4.640. All of these amps are about the same price from $150-$190 on ebay and push about 300w rms x2 at 4 ohms. I can't justify spending any more than $200 on a non-marine amp that might break due to moisture. Any opposition?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
If you mount it where it won't get soaked, (dipping the front) and keep the seats up, for ventelation when you are not in the boat, you shouldn't have any problems. I have two Alpine car amps in my boat, for three years, and they still work great. Just make sure you don't let water vapor attack them.