Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (nordica)      Join Date: May 2005       05-15-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
It would be cool to ride with other girls and not be the only girl in the boat riding, but since most girls don't own boats, I'll take what I can get. So, if you are in the Madison area and would like to ride with a chick who hardcore loves to ride, lemme know!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
lol.....easily accomplished between me and several other boats in the area, check your email erica.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Mike,
Do you guys ride on the lake by McFarland, just SE of the city? (I don't know the name) My friend Leslie has a house on that lake and she just got an '05 Supra 21V. Keep an eye out for her. My wife and I are going to spend a week down there with her in August. I'll send you an email when it gets closer.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
nice boat! supras throw my favorite wake period....yes we ride kegonsa, waubesa, monona, mendota, and the rock river......we cover bases and i am throwing a wi wake party at my rents lakehouse in stoughton mid august...slider and all. feel free to email, we are riding several times a week already.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
ha you are in marquette? i am sponsoring super park next year i think....unofficial at this point, but most likely. awesome town. but, i am a two planker in the snow.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
I'm a two planker too. Were you here for it this year? HUGE air.
I'm assuming you know Brandon from the ski area shop? He wakeboards with me. We definitely will have to do some riding this summer.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   
i do know crony, tell him to check his email regarding sponsorship next year.....i wasnt at superpark this year because i spent the season in colorado....so much to complain about right?
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Croney's claim to fame is the time he was driving his parents Malibu, and shouting instructions to the guy barefooting on the boom next to him...... apparently he may have been paying a bit too much attention to the barefooter, which became evident when he ran into someones dock at 40 miles an hour. Luckily no one was hurt, but he put a huge hole in the hull and had to drive back to his parents cottage at half plane so the nose stayed up high enough to avoid having water power loaded into the bilge. When he arrived, he beached it at a fair rate of speed, so the hole would be up on land and the boat wouldn't sink...... I can't believe he even admitted that story. I wouldn't have told ANYONE that didn't already know.
Anyway..... don't tell him I told you.
(By the way, his stupidity seemed minimized when his brother burned down the cottage the following weekend.... true story)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
lmao.....i cant wait to call him out on that, honestly i didnt even know he wakeboarded. Those marquette boys really treat visitors well and he helped me out quite a bit at last years superpark (another story). i will be in touch with him soon.....erica sorry to hijack your post but it turns out to be a small world....jamie feel free to email if you ever get to town and want a pull (or can hook one up behind that supra) and i may do the same when i next visit marquette (sometime this summer.)
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Erica, the good news is, your post is staying at the top! Mike, c'mon up. We have some great lakes.... VERY calm and uncrowded. Don't tell anyone. I have a Supra too, you know.....
Old     (nordica)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
Glad I could help make the world a smaller place.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-17-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
Erica if you look at the wisconsin role call thread you can see their are a lot of guys that ride. Most of us that ride around madison have gotten our girlfriends to ride. So if you are not afraid of the cold water you should just email mike or I with when you can ride and we can hook you up. There are several boats between us and they are all weel suited to wakeboarding. So if you want to ride with some ladies you may have to wait til it gets warm (my girlfriend doesnt like the cold water so much) but if you want to ride right now just let us know.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-17-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
Erica...check out Push_Girl on wakeworld.com & wakeboarder.com......
Old     (nordica)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips. I'm not that afraid of cold water. My board is in West Bend at my lakehouse, though. I'll pick it up sometime in the next couple of weeks and then I'll be a little more prepared to ride.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
lol you see scot? its time to ditch the wetsuit.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-19-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
You see mike its time to ditch the dry suit.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-19-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
lol hey now, ive been trunkin since day one this year. was just poking you in the ribs......
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-19-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
I know, i know, i was just messing with ya. I actually trunked it today, still was cold. I am glad you ditched the dry suit cuz it saves some time for those two hour sets you take. Ha, i am just messing with you.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-20-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
scot tell skully that the comp in delavan was cancelled, im looking forward to seeing that double grab 180 man....ive never seen it done. Im picking up my boat tomorrow long enough to drop it off at the marina to get perfect pass installed
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-23-2005, 7:18 AM Reply   
anyone in madison looking to be a third on weekday evenings? starting this week......anyone interested email me at mjmurphy53711@yahoo.com
Old     (nordica)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
I'm getting my board tonight ( :
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
got his boat tonight......