Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    blindsiderider            07-25-2004, 11:08 PM Reply   
I would just like to Thank everyone that was at the AWA competition at Lake Pleasant. I had a great time riding with everyone. I also need to ask if anyone ended up with my grey rope and accurate carbon handle. After I did my run someone asked to use it and I sad yes but I never got it back. I also forgot that I loaned it because we got involved in taking every thing down and loading up the boat because in Arizona when the say the storm is coming they mean it. LOL WOW. so any way if you found it let me know. Had a great time with the Blindside pro Billy Mckee. He is a great guy. So once again great competition.
Old    tombugg            07-26-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
Tony,
I have your handle. It was left on the dock, give me a call 602-206-9357

Tom Bugg
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-26-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
tom - interesting profile pic
Old    tombugg            07-26-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Does this mean I am in the DMC??
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
mango-different looking tower on ur malibu-how is it compared to the other type of towers??
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-26-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
What's up Tom. Tony is off at camp right now with Mike but when he gets back I will let him know if he doesnt make it to this thread. Have a good one. Take care guys.
Old    blindsiderider            07-26-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey This is Tonys dad. Got the rope and handle taken care of with Tom. Thanks everyone. Had a great time in Arizona just a long drive.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-26-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
Hey Tony's dad, Bennett here. So you drop him off at McClure this week? I am sure he will have a great time and will never want to return lol. How long of a drive is it from our area?
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-26-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
Tom, thanks for letting Ryan come ride in your tournament with Team Valdez. Said he had a really good time(and something about wanting to move out west). We have one of the largest amatuer events in the USA going down on August 6-8. If anyone is in the area check it out.
www.southernplainsfestival.com

THANKS again.....Doug
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-26-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
Hey Tom, once again, I need to thank the AWA for taking great care of my boys (including Ryan Anderson) this past weekend. Also huge props out to Josh Lamar from gotriver.com
thanks so much for loving on my kids the way you do Josh and to the AWA crew for treating them like family.
Ben, I hear that our kids are having a great time, their cells don't get any reception out there. they called me from somebody elses (maybe Tony's?)
Doug, Ryan is welcome at our home anytime, he is a great kid. Just get him his own phone and don't let any GIRLS have the number!! (Psycho chicks puleeeeeez don't apply)
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-26-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
Hey Doug, I am taking our boys, Ryan, Eddie, Jacob & Derek, to the Wet Thursday wakeboard contest in old Town Sac. Its a great place to show off Da Skills. I will get back to you after they ride. Hi Robin!
Old    heavythunder            07-27-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Bugg - how was the event?
Old    blindsiderider            07-27-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Hey Robyn yeah Tony called from his cell yesterday he said it works great there so I guess we know which phone the boys will be using.LOL glad I up'd the minutes on that plan. Tony said that they were having a great time. He was so thrilled that The 4 of them get to spend this week riding together. Doug Ryan is a great kid we got to chat while we spent time on the boat during the double up contest.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
paul thats the new 2005 malibu lsv. i don't own one yet but hopefully next year. titon makes their towers from now on not skylon.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-27-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Are the Valdez brothers at Mikes outlaw camp with Tony? I bet he sticks his whirly while he is there! Mike is a great coach.

Haha. Hey Tony's dad, what cell provider does Tony have? I am going to Mikes camp next week if my brother doesnt and want some human contact lol. Let me know.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-27-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
THANK YOU<THANK YOU<THANK YOU, to the Valdez family for putting up with Ryan and to the Conway family for lugging him to camp and allowing him to stay the night. I can't wait for him to come home and share his stories. Did he introduce noodling to SO Cal? LOL . Tony I hope he let you get a word or two in he talks pretty godd may be a politician. NO. See you all in INDY.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-27-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hey Tom conway, thanks again for picking up the kids. I can't wait to get your feedback on how they all ride after this camp. (sorry about your screen) LOL!!
Ben, good then it was you, ok, at least it is not using a total strangers phone!! LOL! Dang Sprint doesn't get any coverage there, what do you guys have??
Mike has my full permission to kick some Valdez butt on this trip.
Old    blindsiderider            07-27-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Tonys cell is AT&T.Hey Bennet yes he called me today (tuesday) and he landed his whirly but he is sitting with his knee on ice right now but he said he is fine. Hope so
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Man Doug,
Your kid just talks and talks. And yes, we know about noodling and more than we want to know about fishin'. Good kid.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-27-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
That's awsome. I knew he would stick it. Cool I have AT&T so I hope it works. Have a good one. Let us know about his knee.
Old     (got_river)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-27-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
Doug,

I spent the weekend with your son (and Eddie and Jacob of course). Ryan is a great kid and an amazing rider. He did share his noodling stories. He is a charmer too. In fact, did he tell you that he charmed a young lady out of her pink hurley boardshorts (apparently his button was broken on his boardshorts)? His first trick was a huge raley...the view of him in the pink shorts throwing out the huge raley was probably the better choice over him losing his shorts on the raley. What makes his pink short wearing run even better is that at 14 he took first in Outlaw. The kid can ride!

Josh
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-27-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
LOL, he hasn't told me that yet. I definately need a picture for later bribery...Thank You so much for taking him with you, he said he had a great time......Doug
Old    blindsiderider            07-27-2004, 10:36 PM Reply   
Bennett, Tony called knee is fine. The boys are having a great time called Tonys cell and Ryan picked up because he saw it said,"Dad calling" Said Tony was out on a photo shoot and that they were having a great time.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 12:17 AM Reply   
Can't wait to see him ride after he gets back. Everyones video from the week should go on wakepics as soon as they get back.

When is the next comp at wolf lakes, or has it already passed?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2004, 12:24 AM Reply   
Bennett the comp at wolf is this weekend
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 12:27 AM Reply   
What up Ben, you guys ganna be out there?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
yeah we will be there. are you going to come out and give it a try? Have to drop off the Cell phone charger to Tony Tomorrow then we are going to go by the pond in Los Banos to check out the big slider comp. Going to take some pics and post if I can
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 12:46 AM Reply   
Depends on if I am busy moving stuff into my place in Monterey.

Where in Los Banos is the comp? Resivour?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 12:48 AM Reply   
Hey how long did it take you to get to McClure? Just curious to see what I am up for on the way next week. Looks like it's 89 miles from my house.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
It took about 2 hours I will check today when I take the knee brace and the cell phone charger up to Tony. His Cerll is the only one that works and he forgot his charger.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-28-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Hey Ben, when you are out there, please give my boys a hug... I HATE when they are away with me. I did speak to Mike (not schwenne) and he told me that all the kids are going off!! I got a late call from eddie and he says that they are all just pumping eachother up. Can't wait to see footage of this.....
Bennett, get ready to rip!!
Doug, I miss Ryan already, can't wait for Indy to see y'all!!!

Tom Conway, thanks for everything,everything still on for Wet Thursdays??

hugs, robyn
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
Awsome. So Jacob n Eddie (the valdez) then Ryan and Tony. Is Derek Conway also up at Mikes outlaw camp? Hey TV I assume you mean Mike Buckle? I hear he isa great guy and an awsome instructor. He seems to have a sense of humor.

Let me know how the drive goes Ben. When he gets back we will load my VLX down with 3000lbs and see what tony can do
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-28-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
yup, Eddie and Jacob, Ryan "noodler" Anderson, Tony Carroll and Derek Conway. So great to see our boys all growing up and pushing eachother!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
That is sick. I am sure they are doing great riding together and progressing. Can't wait to here how everyones week went.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
I guess the boys are ripping. Jacob is going big, Eddie got his front roll and is grabbing everything, Ryan got at least 3 tricks, Derek has been landing his toe 7, I will ask about Tony on my next call. Robyn, call me.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Sounds good to me. Awsome on that ts 7. Let us know what Tony is up to.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
Tony got a whirly, ts off 5, nose grab b/roll, front roll and almost a back mobe, Jacob got a hs 3 & f roll, Eddie bas a hs bs 3, hs 5, and his tantrum is consistent, Ryan has a t2b, and a bs3, Derek got a ts7, crow mobe and a bunch of bs spins.

See how the parents can take over a thread.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Awsome. Backmobe? Tell them all congrads. I can't wait to see Derek throwing the 7s and crow. His scarecrows were huge.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Backside mobius???
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Yeh man, a backside mobe. Old school. Nobody does that trick anymore in tournaments.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Awsome. I saw Sean Obrien throwing them in a recent video. Well keep us up todate on the riding.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the updates Tom, what would I know if I didn't have you updating?? Trying to get any info from the boys when they call is like pulling teeth! thanks again Tom!
Oh yea, is Mike going to that slider party today??And then tonight is Wet Thursday?? YIKES!!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-29-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
I think Mike is only going to the torney tonight. He told me to sign him up.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-29-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
Tony stuck his back mobe!!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
YAY Tony!!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-30-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
That is awsome. Any idea when we should expect to see the videos from the week on wakepics?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-30-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
O Hey Ben, what day is the wakeboarding at Wolf Lakes? Saturday or sunday? Also, when does it start :-) I have to move the last load of stuff over to my place in monterey tonight but I was thinking of comming out to check out the action. Let me know. You are all getting your kids back today so lets hear some more about the week.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-30-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Not team valdez, they are hanging out with the Conways until Monday. Heard they had a great time at Wet Thursdays.