Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
With some weight would a 1987 MC prostar 190 throw a decent wake?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
yes but not as good as a ski nautique 2001 from the same year. I used to have a 90 prostar. you have to put about 1000 lbs of ballast in it to get it big. That makes it a little sketchy if the water is rough.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-05-2007, 1:31 AM Reply   
I used to have an 87 prostar. The wake was ok but not great. I used to runa fat sofa in the rear (about 800lbs) and 200lbs in the bow plus several people.

The wake was fine for my needs but the boat used to run real low in the water, was cramped and as I ride in the sea it wasn't ideal.

That said it handled superbly unweighted, had a great slalom wake and was cheap to run.
Old    alanp            04-05-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
dont even consider this boat. i owned an 88 i think(sorry dont remember i sold it very quickly). anyway i ran about 2500 lbs in the boat and the rub rails were just above the water line and the wake was still miserable. run, dont walk away from that boat