Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-14-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
Bad news for boaters. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110121/...us_epa_ethanol My nephew is a chemist at an oil company and can varify the below comment a reader made on Yahoo. Also, I have read that ethanol causes a greater cancer risk than fossil fuel, needless to say what it does to small engines and boat motors. I strongely recommend writing your local representative. Jeff had this to say: "Well I live in new york and they have mandated that all gas in this state have 10% ethanol added in gasoline well I have a bit of an issue with it! Since they started this little program my millage went from 18.8/gal to 14.5/gal and I know it is because of the ethanol when my family and I go on vacation it is usally down south where it is not mandated to have 10% ethanol added to gas and low and behold my milage goes right back up to 18.8/gal now for all you people out there that want to save the world how does burning 338 gallons more per yr save the planet this 338 number is derived by using a simple spread sheet figuring I fill my tank once a week my truck has a 21 gallon tank do the math."