Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old    mobster            11-12-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Wakesurfing mag finished up a test of the Svfara SV3 23' wake boat 6.2 black scorpion motor great quality and it throws a mean wake http://wakesurfmag.com/SVFARA_BOATS.html
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
The Black Scorpion logo on the side has to go. Is it even that great of engine that you have to brag about it that big.

The Svfara interiors are pretty nice. There finish is nice. That surf wake looks good, but I don't surf.

are they still using recycled Malibu bottoms?
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-12-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
i couldn't even find it advertized on their website...

anyone know how much they are?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-13-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
I like the walk through in the rear.

I hate surfing...
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-13-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Wow they really made some improvements with this one. That wave looks nice all the way back to. I'd take the scorpion stickers off the side like jeff said, other than that pretty sweet.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       11-13-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Cliff, why do you hate surfing?
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-13-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
Awesome boat, My local dealer use to carry these... kinda wish he would bring them back in...

in regards to wakesurfing magazine. does anyone get these on a regular basis? they have a pretty good offer right now, just want to see what people think of the content.

Thanks
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-16-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
I am a Svfara dealer so please don't take this post as anything more than an attempt at a response to the above questions.

Jeff,

You are right the Mercruiser Scorpion logo was overkill. It always seems to come up that Svfara took hull designs from someone else. I have been told repeatedly (and seen all of the molds up close) that none are copies of another companies or their discarded designs. Again I am just a dealer, but I do believe this to be true.

C.R.
Small boat company. Not as quick to get the website updated as the big guys. Suppose to be done right away. Can't really answer pricing. Depends on the dealer.

Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-16-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
JK that was the most non-biased post I've ever seen from a boat dealer. That does look to be a sweet boat, what's the msrp on them? Any more pics that you guys have taken in action?
Old    mobster            11-16-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
UploadUpload
Upload
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-16-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-16-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
JK, have you got a hydaulic wakeplate on that? The top picture looks like it's planed out really well. (Is that on Ghost?)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-16-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
I love the look of this boat
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
sweet looking boat. where are those made out of.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-16-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
OK, I'll ask the question that all of you want to ask, but don't want to come off as ignorant...

How do you pronounce SVFARA???
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-16-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Just like it's spelled.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-16-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
HAHA Art, I'm not French, or Canadian
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-16-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
I remember hearing in the waterski magazine boat reviews that the were Malibu molds. Not a bad thing, they were choosing good molds. It isn't all that uncommon for upstarts to use someone elses molds of previous models.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't be suprised to see them using an SV23 mold, that Malibu feels they upgraded on. Hey it works, great mold, and it works. Certainly better than a lot of designs.

With that being said, the most recent models I've seen have been high end, and appear to be great in the finish department. I've never driven one, so my opinion stays at that

The SVone was a rehash of the Infinity ZX1. And I could be mistaken, but they did have more than a few that were Malibu molds. Atleast one was a original SV23 Malibu mold. Like I said, nothing wong with that, both of the molds I mentioned are the absolute best for what they were designed for.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-16-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
they need to give malibu their tower back (yes I know metcraft makes them, but malibu was the first to have them)
Old    mobster            11-16-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
Sa far a
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-17-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
JK

Is that Ghost Reservoir?
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-17-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Rob,

Yes those pics were from Ghost on October 29th. Water was 46 degrees F (6C). I have seen your boat around a few times on the highway etc. My first towboat was an '89 Malibu that led to my exit from the oil patch to becoming "that salesguy".

Art,
No wakeplate on that hull. The running pic was obviously with no ballast.

Jeff,
I stand corrected (typical boat salesperson). The SVone is the Infinity ZX1 hull.

Ryan,

The boats are built in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
I actually like the tower on this boat better than the Malibu. Notice how they've placed the tower all the way up next to the window. Much better access in and out of the boat from the side. I am curious if you can add board racks or not.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-18-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
JK

My buddy from Dandy Marine was out at Ghost that day and he was telling me a bunch of guys were riding. Man I thought I was ambitious but Oct 29... way to go dude! Serious ice cream head. I believe you guys might have this boat in your shop on 16th ave as I pass it everyday on the way to work.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-18-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Rob

That's the boat you are seeing. Stop in sometime.

We saw him too, water testing a PWC. Took out another boat last thursday (the 15th) and promptly nailed a good size sheet of ice. Thinking that '07 is over here. Time leave the lake to these guys for the winter

Upload
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
Beavers suck, unless equiped by the top end.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
thats why i've never seen them anywhere. i wonder what the freight bill is to Cali. a ton probably.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-19-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
Being from the Okanagan.. and toured the factory on many occassions... these guy know how to build a boat... their boats have in my opinion... the best fit and finish in the industry... but maybe some of the designs don't cater to the masses, so they seem to get bashed about the way their esthetics are.

But if you ever get a chance to look at their boats up close and personal... the interiors and all of the little details... are gone through with a fine tooth comb.

They also have different technologies they implement into their construction...

They have marketed a little different then their boat builder to the south... Epic...

So Epic seems to get a lot more praise on these here message boards...

But with both of them being built in the Okanagan... and you can also include Liquide Ride in the mix...

Climb through these three boats and check out the quality and see for yourself...

If you had to write the big cheque for any one of the three boats based on quality and fit and finish... there would be a battle for 1st between 2 of the boat builders... and no question on who comes 3rd.

If if came to stock wake... there would be a battle for 2nd and 3rd spot and no question who is number 1.

It all depends what is most important to you.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-19-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Abilene Tx (where your Tiges come from) to Clovis Ca is 1415 miles according to Mapquest. Kelowna BC to Clovis Ca is 1261. We are not as far "up there" as people usually think!
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-19-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
msrp?
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-19-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
My Bad, Nu Bu asked the MSRP above. $61,900 base without trailer. The obvious thought is that a lesser known company should sell for less but without huge production volumes the only way to do that is to build a cheap boat. This is not the least expensive 23' boat available but there is a decent standard features list including 1200 lbs in-floor ballast and as mentioned above, the build quality is not second rate. Eg. automotive wiring harness with every wire labeled every 4 inches. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a salesman...

Upload
Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-19-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
jk-that is true not too far. that wiring is very cool. with me working on boats i wish they all did that.
Old    mobster            11-19-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
JK I heard they increased the stock ballast on our test we added a 750 sac then another 650 to make a huge & long wake If they had a Bennet Tab or a Switchblade on the back it would throw a unreal wave we were impressed the quality and the boat overall I want one