Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kyledc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-24-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
I have found a new leftover sport 200 without the Linc system for mid 50s. One with the Linc is a few thousand more. The dealer says these are at his cost. Do y'all think the deal is worth it or better off with an axis,moomba, mb, tige etc budget boat at a later time?

The novelty of getting a nautique is pushing me to consider but these boats are rarely compared to the budget boats due to price.

This would be an all around water sports family boat with no one needing a world class wake just want to have fun and have the ability to do a bit of everything (surf especially).

Also is the price worth jumping on? I see a lot of used 11 and 12 models asking for more than I could buy these for..

Thanks guys
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
Post your question on PlanetNautique.com

You'll probably get an audience that is much more familiar with that particular boat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-24-2013, 7:18 AM Reply   
That sounds like a pretty good price to me. I can't recall seeing 12' 200 vdrives in the low 50s before. it's a ski nautique/sport nautique 200v Team Edition? I'd say jump on it. If you don't like it, sell it for 60k and come out ahead.
Old     (Kyledc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-24-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yes they are 200v sports. Fairly well equipped just no audio on the towers.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
buddy of mine just bought a 200V not sure if its a 12 or 13 no linc system and was in the low to mid 50s no trailer. Its an ok boat nicer than my 02. Did not have snap out carpet which would be a deal killer for me. I just think for the same price I would have rather bought a used 210 there is just more to that boat. Unless your a hard core slalom guy there is nothing to gain with by going with a 200V. Just my opinion its a nice boat for him and he is pretty much pulling tubes.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-24-2013, 7:37 AM Reply   
I have spent some time behind a 200v and really like it! It has a great stock surf wake, pretty solid wakeboard wake with some weight in it, and I also could run the slalom course behind it. For a boat that literally can do everything its a great boat! It even has a decent amount of space in it for being a smaller boat.

My only suggestion would be if you want to surf alot, get the Linc. Then down the road, or if the dealer will include it, ADD NSS. It will make a world of difference when it comes to wake surfing. If you order it on a new boat it is about a 3k upgrade I believe, (I could be off by a bit) and retro fit kits should be available soon. So in my opinion it is worth the little extra to be able to customize your surf wake, bounce between goofy and regular, and never have to mess with moving sacks around.

When I surfed the 200v with just stock ballast it was very surf-able and fun, but Im sure with NSS it can be greatly improved.
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
I have spent some time behind a 200v and really like it! It has a great stock surf wake, pretty solid wakeboard wake with some weight in it, and I also could run the slalom course behind it. For a boat that literally can do everything its a great boat! It even has a decent amount of space in it for being a smaller boat.

My only suggestion would be if you want to surf alot, get the Linc. Then down the road, or if the dealer will include it, ADD NSS. It will make a world of difference when it comes to wake surfing. If you order it on a new boat it is about a 3k upgrade I believe, (I could be off by a bit) and retro fit kits should be available soon. So in my opinion it is worth the little extra to be able to customize your surf wake, bounce between goofy and regular, and never have to mess with moving sacks around.

When I surfed the 200v with just stock ballast it was very surf-able and fun, but Im sure with NSS it can be greatly improved.
NSS is not available on the 200V
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-24-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Touche'

Well then I would be more than happy with the gauges! Sounds like a great price for that boat.
Old     (Kyledc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-24-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
Thank you for the info everyone
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
Its a 2012
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-24-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
One thing to consider is Nautique has released its 2014 boats, so that boat is 2 years old. A week after you buy it it's not a 2012 holdover anymore, its a 2 year old boat. I bought one like that a few years ago and when I went to sell it after a few years the price reflected selling a 5 year old boat instead of a 3 year old one. Nautiques sell well and are great boats. Why does this dealer have 2 of these models that are now 2 years old? Would make me think they are a less desireable model. There is a reason those boats are sitting there. Or does he have the fill model line left from 2012?
Old     (Kyledc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-24-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses it has given us a lot to think about. The dealer is small market and has not advertised these boats online. Another dealer in a large market had a similar leftover one that was a few thousand higher and it was sold within a few weeks of it showing up online.

We are going to look at them again for the 4th time to hopefully decide.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2013, 2:06 PM Reply   
@Kyle RB is absolutely right. Yeah its a brand new boat but dont let the dealer sell it to you like its a 2013 or 14. Look at NADA on the boat etc. Also make sure you look at a 210 I really think unless you have to have brand new to me the 210 is way more boat for the dollar even if its a 3 or 4 year old used boat. Space storage wakesurf and wakeboard wake height of seats freeboard etc. Also way more people are gonna want to buy your 210 when it comes time to sell than a 200V. Just something to think about unless your die hard wanting to rip a slalom course or must have warranty and brand new.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
I don't think a 200v is the best call for the small wake segment. It is an awesome boat but it is a true crossover

That is the nautique ski hull, with a v drive and a small amount of ballast from my understanding. This considered I think an end of season a20 r20 deal may treat you better behind the boat....