Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-22-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I had a great time at the Fred Hall Boat Show yesterday snapping pics of Watson, Henshaw, Ruck,
Harrington and Shane Bonifay. This was the first show of 11 that will go through the weekend,
but these guys were already trying to outgun each other. Check out how far off the slider and wall
these guys were getting. Shane set the bar, but I think Collin may have raised it with a few of these.
Chris Resnick (crracer) gets credit for some of these pics. Thanks for the help, Chris.

If you haven't gotten out there to check out this show, you should definitely do so this weekend.
Chad Sharpe arrived last night, so he'll be out there as well. You can find all the details at
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1061.

Afterwards, we headed up to casa Wakesports and had a poker tournament. I went out in third (out of 16)
after a bad beat on the river by the eventual winner, Ryan. Tyler took second on his home turf with
his wife dealing (there may be some ethics issues there).

It was really fun hanging out with all the pros and everybody else. Lots of great people. Enjoy the pics.

The setup. Much nicer than last year. DBG Concepts did an incredible job building everything!
Upload
Upload
Upload

Ruck pressin'...
Upload

Watson gappin'...
Upload

Collin warming up...
Upload

Watson cleaning the wall ride...
Upload

Henshaw going big...
Upload

A little out of focus, but check out how much of his board is off the wall. The second pic is the same thing from a different angle...
Upload
Upload

Henshaw...
Upload

Shane setting the bar. This was his first run of the day!
Upload

Ruck...
Upload

Watson...
Upload

Collin, again hanging off the apparatus...
Upload

Watson...
Upload

Shane...
Upload

Collin...
Upload

Henshaw...
Upload

The whole crew heads to lunch...
Upload

Table #1...
Upload

Table #2
Upload
Upload

Henshaw and Josh...
Upload

Harrington at the final table...
Upload

Who gave Ruck the camera?
Upload

I guess it was the same guy that gave Watson the camera!
Upload

Cash game for the tournament losers (I played there eventually)!
Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-22-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
where was my invite????
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-22-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Here's your invite: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1061. Your boat (Epic) was there. I was surprised not to see you as well!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-22-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
nice shots man! You were right up there!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-22-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Incredible pics at the rail jam, nice job!

I see someone from NJ trying out their poker skills. :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-22-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
i was talkin' about poker man! i won $300 in vegas and was ready to take your money!

i had meetings all day yesterday, and had other things to sort out with the move and all. i have to head back up to stockton this weekend to get the house squared away to rent it out.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-22-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
where is it? I might check it out sat
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-22-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
Thanks. That's why I like taking pics at the rail jams so much. You can get so close that even an amateur like me can get some good shots. They had the TV stations out yesterday and I was hiding under the first flat rail with my camera. I would snap a pic and then duck down before I got decapitated. The news guy said he wasn't sure if he should be filming the riders or me. I think I might have made the news last night! :-)

Yes, you do see Jeff "Fartin'" Barton trying his luck at the poker table. He was doing great until he took a monster loss late in the game. I think Ruck stole most of JB's money.

Joe, if you were at the rail jam I'm sure you could have wrangled an invite. Have fun in Stockton.

Tim, follow the link above for times and location.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
That rail set up looked sic, nice combo's I am sure.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-22-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
sick photos Dave...

henflobber is a jibster!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-22-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
Unreal pics! Good job!

Looks like good times were had by all.

And that's the Wednesday night? Friday and Saturday night should be quite entertaining to say the least.

Life is good!