Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
i have some 07 sphinx but hurt my ankle 1st time riding. i dont think they have enough support i am thinking about getting the factions or maybe even the zeus but i think those are to advanced
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
The factions are not a stiff binding while the zeus are. Try them both on and pick the one that is right for you. You can't go wrong with either one IMO. Good luck.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-14-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
The factions do not have anymore support than the sphynx. I've owned both. If you want more support go with the zeus.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-14-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
The Factions will also have much better heel hold. I have both the Sphinx's and the Factions (for different boards) and the difference is very noticable. HOWEVER, the Factions require an additional piece in order to prevent the hinge from popping on tweaked out grabs or hardish landings. This additional piece is free from CWB (they have excellent service), and it does a LOT to stiffen the ankle support.

If you want support though, consider the Zeus, and maybe look at last year's model to save some $$$.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-14-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I think the new Factions dont need the additional piece. Mine have never popped open.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
^^^^ I agree. I haven't needed the extra piece at all but I know it is there if needed.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Versatile boot. Great heel hold, and lower ankle support=SICK POKED OUT GRABS. Top laces tight=great high wrapped support. I think the 07's have the extra heel support built in.

Just saw the Limited Edition all White Factions, they'd be sick on my white Marius.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-14-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
You know what... I forgot that the newer factions have the additional piece already installed. I had the "early '07" ones they sold over the winter.

I say ride them, if you need the piece, use it.. if not... awesome!