Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-08-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Theese middle school kids didn't see this trick play coming! lol

Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-08-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
Ohhh, that's cold blooded! Ahah
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
That Coach shouldn't be allowed to coach any longer. What is wrong with people? Trick is nice way of saying CHEAP
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
Not sure how they considered it legal. The center can't snap the ball to the side like that and A player can't walk off the yardage with the ball. Not sure how this was legit?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
Such sportsmanship and ethics
http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/0...going-to-work/
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-09-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Not sure how they considered it legal. The center can't snap the ball to the side like that and A player can't walk off the yardage with the ball. Not sure how this was legit?
exactly what I was thinking.
trick plays are great for the sport. in the pros! doing it at this age is a joke.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-09-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
"The center can't snap the ball to the side like that"

In the famous words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend":

"Rule 2-38-2 says "The snap begins when the snapper first moves the ball legally other than in adjustment. In a snap, the movement must be a quick and continuous backward motion of the ball during which the ball immediately leaves the hand(s) of the snapper and touches a back or the ground before it touches an A linemen." The rule covering a definition of snap says nothing about it having to go between the snappers legs."
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-09-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
Actually the play was completely legal as Jeremy said. The ball must only remain in constant motion tell it reaches the hands of the QB or Back it says nothing about whether it must go through the legs.

I think the Coach actually did a good job. Most football plays involve some sort of trickery. The QB sneak, the reverse, fake hand off, etc. etc.

This play demonstrates that this coach new the rules of the game better then the opposing team. I know when i played football you moved on the movement of the ball, nothing else. That being said I doubt this play will ever work again as every coach will be telling there players to watch for this play and react to the movement of the ball.

Last edited by 2006maliblue; 11-09-2010 at 9:04 AM. Reason: spilleng suks! lol
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Robert, did you watch the interview? The coach was half of the "trick", he was yelling about them deserving 5 more yards and telling the QB to walk it off.

"This play demonstrates that this coach new the rules of the game better then the opposing team."

Wow, a grown man knows the rules of the game better than a team of 8th graders, who would have thought. It's stuff like this that ruins youth sports. But hey, how else can you get national recognition for being a toolbag of a coach
Old    bigdtx            11-09-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
He new the rules. I old the rules.
Old    deltahoosier            11-09-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
I can not stop watching that. Awesome. While I agree it is cheap, I bet you that all the kids on both teams and now most of the country will have learned something and will look into the rules that govern their sport more. Good find on the rule Jeremy.
Old    deltahoosier            11-09-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
I would consider a halfback pass or wide receiver pass to be somewhat of a deception but have always accepted it as part of the game. I did learn something new though. When Randy Moss threw that first pass to Farve and it was called illegal, I did not know that you can only do that if the quarterback is in the shot gun. I watched football and played it into high school and never knew that aspect.