Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-08-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
Last week, I let a friend cash a check with me at my bank (his bank is over an hour away) which is no big deal, he's been my friend for years and I'd trust him with my life. Fast forward to today, I get online to check my bank statement and I am almost in the negative. I notice 2 charge back fees so i call the bank to see what the deal is. It turns out, that the two checks my friend cashed, had bounced, so the bank charged my account for the amount of the bad checks. At this point, im pretty mad about the whole thing. I give my friend a call and tell him what the deal is, so he calls the guy who had written him the checks. No answer.

Is there anything I can do to try and get my money back? I want to be as civilized as possible, even though I'm probably dealing with some low-life scumbag. If it was just a few bucks, i probably wouldn't be that upset, but its almost 300 dollars, and I'm a college student, so cash isn't exactly falling out of my pockets. My friend offered to pay up, but i want to make sure he gets his money too. Its pretty sickening, i was just trying to help my friend out and i feel like I'm getting screwed for it.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-08-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
You should most definitely take your friends offer to pay up. If I were him, I wouldn't have offered...I would just give you the cash that was taken out, no questions asked.
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-08-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
If it comes down to it, i will definitely be going to my friend for the full amount of the money. I just want it to work out for both of us. He's in the same boat as me, and cant really afford to eat a 300 dollar loss.
Old    bigdtx            02-08-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
did he endorse the checks over to you and then you cashed them? If so then the only way you will see the money is if he gives it you.

you just learned a valuable lesson...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-08-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Get your money back from your friend first, then try and help him recoup HIS loss.

If the checks came from someone he knows(ie, not the internet or Nigeria)report it to the police. It is illegal to write bad checks.

(Message edited by psudy on February 08, 2010)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:21 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us