Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Justinrwaller)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-07-2013, 7:59 PM Reply   
I just picked up a new ronix board and I want to put some new bindings on it, and the hyperlite system bindings and boots caught my eye. I don't want to spend $400 and then hate them. Anybody tried them out yet?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2013, 8:57 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795301
Old     (Ronix1andahalf)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-13-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
I just got mine a week ago and love them. I demo'd a couple before and they felt very unforgiving and rough but once I picked up my own AJ's I fell in love. Wear them with socks, like thick snowboarding socks. I don't think they're the most comfortable boots but when I wear thick socks it totally fixes the problem and keeps sand from getting in through the bottom. They have a weird flex that I was kind of doubtful about at first but when you really tweak it it's always there. Super responsive, with a disguised flex. I've only used them at the cables though, not sure about boat.
Old     (Ronix1andahalf)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-13-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
And I have mine on a Phoenix s, what board did you get?
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-13-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
I have the process boots and they are the most comfortable boots that I have ever had and I have found them to be much more supportive too. The only downside is that I have found is that they take longer to get on/off and they float so its like swimming with floaties on your feet. I primarily ride boat but used them at cable too, work great for both.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
I have the process boots and they are the most comfortable boots that I have ever had and I have found them to be much more supportive too. The only downside is that I have found is that they take longer to get on/off and they float so its like swimming with floaties on your feet. I primarily ride boat but used them at cable too, work great for both.
I found that they take longer too. i have first gen mareks and have been riding them them for 3 years. I only ride boat and love them. i have found my mareks are a PITA when wet to get back on, and I've adjusted to the floating while swimming and don't even notice it anymore. Love them outside the time to put on and take off. My boot are super comfortable
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-13-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
I had some of the original murrays and broke mine in a season. I'm not a particularly hard rider either, first equipment I've actually broken, I loved the edging with them though... I ended up going back to Ronix one's and haven't looked back. I love the idea that every one can have their own boots for cheap (er) so someone isn't messing your boots up (this is on the systems btw) and I'm certain the new gen is better. My advice would be stay away from the gen 1, i'm certain the new generation stuff is better, but I wouldn't want you to spend a ton of money and have the same experience as me. IMO I'll probably stick with Ronix as I am a "fanboy" after all of the great experiences I've had with customer service, regional rep and local rep. They are both great companies though and I think either way you'l be great as long as you stay away from gen 1 boots.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-13-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
Yeah first gens seemed to have some bugs that needed worked out. I have the 2012's w/ murray boots and love them. Try the boots on first though. I wanted mareks but they felt too wide for my foot. I went with the Murrays due to width.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-13-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
When I was at surf expo and we were ordering for our shop they said the sizing was a little narrow and they adjusted the sizing to a truer fit for 2013. The marek boots were the only ones I could get my size 12 wide foot in comfortably before but my 2013 process boots are perfect and fit just like my nikes. Most comfortable boots I've ever worn no question and the support is amazing. I would recommend checking the process boots out if you like boots a little on the stiffer side tho they are less stiff than the mareks. I have been riding systems since they came out now and would say I will most likely never ride anything else. Te response really is amazing. Although in all honesty the benefits of them may not be felt by first timers or beginner level riders. They really shine at the cable as well.
Old     (Sp8race1010)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-13-2013, 8:39 PM Reply   
I just picked up a code 22 with system bindings and the AJ boots as well. Not been on cable with it yet but they are great behind the boat. You can really tweak and poke some grabs and spins.

I'd never go back to old style if I don't have to.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2013, 11:18 PM Reply   
Last week at the cable I wore my Process boots from 11am to 8pm without taking them off once. I would say they are pretty dang comfortable.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-14-2013, 5:44 AM Reply   
I have some Murrays and I love them. I will also say that I have very weird feet, very, very flat, and no arch. I have to wear custom inserts in everyday shoes, and my snowboard and snowski boots. So for me to just find boots that feel good for my feet is a challenge, and I normally go through bindings every other year as the support starts to fade from the boot. So the actual comfort in the boot is going to very different for a normal person.

This is the best fitting boot I have ever had, and I have worn my boots around marinas, waterfront restaurants, and other random places that footware would be a smart idea, because they are more comfortable than my sandals. The edging is awesome, I feel like my feet are bolted to the board. I feel like I am complete control of every inch of the board both on the water and in the air. The big air landings are nice too, not the softest boot I have had, but firm and very comfortable. One of the easier boots for big air I have ever had. I love them, and while the initial investment was more than I had hoped for, I am hoping that when I break something or something wears out I only have to buy a part of the system and not the whole set, so my next boot purchase will be about $50 to a $100 less than a typical boot, which for me will add up over a 4 year time period.

My biggest suggestion after owning over 10 pairs of bindings through the years, buy the binding that will fit your style. By that if you are big on tweaked grabs, then find some flexable boots. If you go big find soft foot pad boots. They are like a good pair of running shoes, you are going to beat the hell out of them, find something that feels best on your foot, they may be the most expensive or they may be the cheapest, dont let either keep you from buying them. All the major brands have a different feel overall, so try as many as you can on, then jump in place or try grabbing around like you are on a board, that will give you an idea of what the boot will feel like.