Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-08-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
This question is for all you MXZ owners or those of you with some experience riding/driving the 22'er.

Yesterday I saw a 22 MXZ on the lake (the first and only one I have seen so far here) and noticed that when it turns around, it stays really flat, does not seem to list, more like a pickle fork and less like a v-hull.

It wasn't a real sharp turn, but it was not really wide either. I would say the turn was about as sharp as you would take for a double up.

Has anyone noticed this, or am I just seeing things?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-08-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
I haven't seen one turn either.I know someone who has one and they love it.They said it makes a great wakeboard wake too.Hopefully I will have some first hand experience with one soon.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-08-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
Depending on how heavy a boat is loaded is gonna make a huge diff in how it turns.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-08-2012, 10:16 PM Reply   
Yeah Ron, I do not know how it was weighted. By looking at the people in it, I doubt it had any ballast, def not anything over stock. Every wakeboat I have ever been in/driven seems to list all about the same amount no matter what boat. I will have to pay attention to my boat next time I turn it weighted and unweighted.

No big deal, I just thought it looked really cool and could imagine that it probably turns amazingly.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-09-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Every hull has different turning characteristics. My TIGE is a deep V hull all the way thru, yet turns more like a dd. with weight is say it drives almost like an x star which I don't feel like leans as much (I haven't driven but ridden in or behind many times, both boats fully loaded). Yet the x25, which has a deep v then flattens out to almost a curved rear end without a V per-say, drives like a stern drive under all weighting conditions.

Anyways although slightly off topic, it depends on all the hulls characteristics not just how deep the v.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
It may have appeared that way, but the MXZ has a heavier stern. Everything is pushed back. So it's not going to whip a turn like a LSV or VLX, but it will produce a great wake, much easier. As mentioned above, maybe they were running no ballast, or more front ballast to keep the nose down.

We reconfigured our weight and we're now getting a giant wake with not much extra ballast. No sacks in the V-drive compartments at all. We run stock + wedge, a sack on the floor, and some lead here and there. We're probably running 1500 less pounds than we ran in the LSV for the same wake with more lip. Loving the MXZ!!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Jrod, that sounds awesome. I hope to get a chance to ride behind it soon, next time I see him out there I will have to go introduce myself.

So stock + wedge... then what size sack on the floor, and how much lead and where exaclty. (So I know how to set the thing up if I get a chance)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
The floor sack is about 500. 400 in lead in the walk through, and a couple hundred in the main cabin to move around.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
the lead in the walk through, is it under the bow seat filler, or on the floor directly under the windshield? thanks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
We have the front ballast tank option. So the lead sits on the floor directly underneath the wind block under the wind shield. The boat doesn't like any weight in the nose beyond the stock tank. If you weight the nose the wake flattens out.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2012, 4:35 PM Reply   
sweet. thanks man. If i ever get a chance to ride, I will bring a couple sacks and try your set up.