Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (e_puppy)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-18-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
I am using the cca-ipod control unit and I can get to the playlists screen. I am trying to figure out how to select the the playlist or the song that I want to play. It just keeps going back to the main menu on shuffle.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
See this thread for a solution (but probably not the one you intended).
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/688089.html?1239995603
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-18-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure with that model you have to create playlists labled Clarion 1 Claion 2 Clarion 3......... up to 5 on your ipod in order for the interface to recognize the playlist. Otherwise it just plays the whole library. It's a PITA. Just go get an aux cable or a pre amp cable for an ipod to attach it to your head unit and run the ipod from the ipod. WAY EASIER!
Old     (e_puppy)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-18-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, Andy I really appreciate the other thread help. It doesnt really cover my question but was good info. Swatguy i had the old controller that used the clarion1, clarion2,....(ea-1251) I was told by clarions tech support that by upgrading I would have full controls of the playlists, artists, songs, etc.. I was hoping that someone on here has the setup that I have(cmd4 headunit and the cca-ipod control unit.) If I have to I will call clarions tech support but was hoping that I wouldnt have to.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-18-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
The Clarion ipod adaptors really suck. We quit carrying them after installing the first one. Best thing to do is use the CCAAUX and control through the click wheel instead of the head unit.

And good luck with Clarion's tech support. Since they started selling to distributors back in January it's nearly impossible to get in contact with any of them. I called on thursday and it took 10 minutes to get someone with a pulse.
Old     (e_puppy)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-20-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Just in case anyone was curious to select a feature using the ipod controls through the cca-ipod control unit use the track froward button or back.