Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    rondeaurelent            04-30-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Alright here we go. I´ve been riding Hyperlites for as long as I can remember. My dad has always been a Hyperlite rep and just this year, he hit a deal with another Liquid Force rep. This year, I´m thinking about going Liquid. I know I´m not being true to hyperlite but I´ve always been curious with what Liquid Force had to offer. So here is my issue. I´m 6´2 and weigh about 190lbs with a wide foot size of 12. I have two questions.
#1. What size Watson should I get. The 138 or 142. Liquids seem alot lighter and smaller then the Hyperlites I´ve rode. I have a 2003 136 Belmont which is too small now. I´ve tried a 2005 Hyperlite 142 Premier and it felt very big.

#2. For the Watsons bindings, should I go with the 11-12 or to the 12 plus. I ride Large LF bindings now. I´ve tried my buddies XL hyperlite bindings and they felt loose.

If you can help me out it would greatly appreciate it.

Ride or die
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-30-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
we demo'd a Watson the other week and i LOVED the board!! it DEFINITELY is really light and bouyant for sure, you will LOVE this board

cant really help you on size other then the 138 was fine for me @5'9 and 195
Old    big_images            04-30-2006, 10:48 PM Reply   
I would get the 142.. I ride the 138 and im 5'10 160. As far as the boots I wear a 10 and got the 9-10 and they fit perfect... A little tight at first but they loosen up after a couple uses... Only complaint it the length of the laces, I have had them get stuck under the heel of the boot. If you cut or wrap them thats not an issue. I can say without a doubt that the LF WATSONS are the sickest setup ive ever riden...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-01-2006, 4:50 AM Reply   
Brian the watsons have a magnet lace holder on the side that takes care of holding them up and out of the way..

i have the shanes and they work great...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yeah dude at your size you should be riding a 142. Of course its going to feel bigger than a 136 but once you get used to it you'll never go back.
Old    big_images            05-02-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Bill I had the problem with the laceholders in place... So you can shorten the laces and reattach the magnetic holders or Wrap the lace to the magnetic laceholder..
Old    cwbabsolute1080            05-03-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Brian I had that exact problem... with the magnetos in place the lace was going under the heel..... I started putting the lace through the pull loop on the heel part of the bindings and then down to the holder! worked fine!
Old     (rbthewakeman)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-04-2006, 12:47 AM Reply   
I would go with a 142. I am 6'7" and weigh about 185. I have always ridden a 142 and I've never had any problem at all. The Watson set-up does feel very light too! Especially since the new binding design really helps lighten up the plate! As for binding size...it depends on how you like them to fit. If you have a narrow foot and you like a tighter fitting binding, you might want to try 11-12s. You'll just have to try on the different sizes and see how they feel. Keep in mind they will stretch a little bit! Good luck!
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-04-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
I am 6 foot 2/195 lbs
foot size: 13

I had the Premier 05
took the Watson 142