Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
After upgrading to a set of wetsounds 485's I found their was no longer room for a lite bar on the tower so this is what I came up with.I bought the vision x led lites and mounted them to the clamps from my old lite bar.These lites are super bright and don't consume much power and each lite puts out 860 lumen's. I think they look great and it was a easy fix to the problem.A dimmer control is available for these lites so you could turn them down and lite the interior if needed
Attached Images

Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-13-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
get a picture of them on the lake at night, they look great!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
I live in Oregon so it will be a while. Here is the best I can do for now
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-13-2011, 8:52 PM Reply   
I want THAT setup. That is gonna look and sound so good on the lake this summer. How much were those lights?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-14-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
great light choice...I looked into their LED light bars...but price kept me away. I went with a more traiditonal HID light ( still fairly expensive, but cheaper than the LED's)
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-14-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
I found out about these lights from H20King and put them on my Evolution tower last week. They are very bright (much brighter in person than what these pics I took with iPhone look like). In the 2nd pic, I was probably about 100 yrs away from the doc. I have 2x20 beam spot lights forward and 2x40 beam flood lights going backwards.
Attached Images

Last edited by lakesurfer; 04-14-2011 at 7:33 AM.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-14-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
Those are nice looking lights. What section are they listed under and what is their model number? Thanks.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-14-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Those are nice looking lights. What section are they listed under and what is their model number? Thanks.
Here are the details on the lights. I bought mine off of Amazon, they had 4 or 5 companies that had them.

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solsti...124/index.html
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-14-2011, 12:09 PM Reply   
I went strait to the source for mine.Here is a link to where I bought the lites and a link to the clamps I used.Lake you should remove the stainless mounts and paint or powdercoat them gloss black I think that would make them look even better
http://visionxsuperstore.com/2SolsticePrimeLEDPod.aspx
http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=550
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-14-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
.Lake you should remove the stainless mounts and paint or powdercoat them gloss black I think that would make them look even better
on the things to do list, just have not gotten around to it yet.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-14-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
Looking good harold I bet that will be a great light on the water at night