Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (richy_m)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-29-2009, 1:43 AM Reply   
hey guys,

in the market for a new boat, coming from a supra 21v, looking at 210 or vlx. Have had experiences with the vlx but not the 210, just after ppl's thoughts on the 210, current and past owners, not starting a war about the 2 boats just want some opinions from ppl witrh experience... fuel cons, wake pics or what its like, what weight ppl run, quality etc. peace
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2009, 5:36 AM Reply   
I just bought a new 08 210 after a 1 1/2 year search. The VLX is a great wake board boat but
its ski wake and surf wake are not as good as the 210. The thing that turned me off on BU was all the carpet. Boats only a few years old the carpet looked matted down and old. It looked like it would take a lot to keep it looking good.
Also a lot of expensive electronics to worry about.
The 210 has great wakes without optional ballast.
More weight means more fuel to move it.
5 year bow to stern warranty
Snap in carpet.
PCM drive.
HD hardware hinges locks latches.
I'm not saying BU is bad these are the reasons I chose CC. In the end You need to check them out and drive both and choose. Either way you bought a good boat. If you are in the Chicago area come out with us and check out the 210.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I've had three 210s. 04, 07, and now an 09. Never spent time in a VLX so I can't give you much comparison. The 210 has a lot of positives that Michael just mentioned. The quality, fit, and finish on a new CC is second to none. That along with the 5 year warranty makes it hard for the competition.

Wake on the new 210 is incredible with just stock. Especially if you run the 1579 prop. My 07 had the 645 and I can tell a huge difference between it and my 09.

Fill up the boat with people and plus another 500 lbs. on top of stock and you have a pro class wake as good as any boat out there. If you've rode the old 210 hull you know it is strictly vert. The new hull has more transition but retains a good lip when weighted properly. I wouldn't say the wake is strictly ramp or vert, kinda a mixture of the two.

As for the motor, PCM makes a top notch motor that is very fuel efficient. An entire day (2-3 hours of riding) on the lake for us running stock ballast is usually 15-20 gallons. If you put 3K in the boat sure it will burn much more gas but I have never had a need to do that.

(Message edited by aarond0083 on April 29, 2009)
Old     (richy_m)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
cheers for your input aaron and michael,
i think ulitmately i will have to ride behind one and spend a bit if time in 1 before i can make a decision.
If any1 else has their opions plz share
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       05-01-2009, 3:43 AM Reply   
As a former owner of a CC , was not impressed with interior durabilty, after three years of being pampered was showing signs of wear, doesnt drive near as well as vlx, and fuel economy wasnt even close to vlx with same amount of usage and comparable weight. As far as over all durabilty and resale there about equal, you need to drive and ride behind both under your conditions , and try to pick out some rough water if possible.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-01-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
Demo a 210 and it will make the decision easy for you, great boat.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-01-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
If you happen to live in Northern Cali - you can go to Central Valley Marine in Santa Clara and compare the 2 boats side by side. Sit in the 210, then hop over and sit in the VLX sitting right next to it. Then test drive both - The choice will be clear.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-07-2009, 3:01 AM Reply   
No boat war intended... But one remark.

Durabilty of interior and driving is something you should see/feel about yourself.

I never drove a wakeboard boat which is more fuel efficient as the PCM Nautique's! I know a couple of VTX, VLX and other brands but they burn a lot of more fuel then the 210's and 230's I know. Our 230 is a big boat, but with wakeboarding it will burn around 5 gallons. I drove a '09 210 last weekend and with 7 hours of boarding (continous) it only had to refill 26.3 gallons!!

Our old 210's drove on average around 4 gallons an hour.

Best thing to do; drive each boat and see which one you like best. I really like Malibu's, they are great boats and we almost bought one before. Both boats are not perfect and could have some faults or errors. Just enjoy what you have.
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       05-07-2009, 3:32 AM Reply   
You can go on www.boattest.com they test the boats you are looking at , you might find it interesting that CC doesnt post their fuel economy anymore because it was poor, number 1& 2 in economy was Tige , and Malibu.
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-07-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
Both are great boats..had to make the same decision this year and picking up my '08 VLX in 2 weeks.

Drive/demo both and see which one best fits your needs. You'll be happy with either boat.