Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-04-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
looking to relocate to arizona...

what lakes /communities are there to ride and live ?

thanks,

mike
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       12-04-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
where in AZ?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-04-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
anywhere in the phoenix/scottsdale area (within 45 minutes of sky harbor)
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-04-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Black Canyon City or Anthem is close to Lake Pleasant which is north of Phoenix on I-17. Away from everything but it is about 40 min north of scottsdale. Housing is blowing up there with values skyrocketing is what I have heard. My brother just moved to Houston from that area.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-04-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
I would look to the northeast of Phoenix. From there you are close to Bartlett, the best of the metro lakes, close to Saguaro and Canyon, little farther to the best of all Apache, and even Roosevelt isnt too far. Pleasant is on the northwest, but it gets very crowded and blown out.

If you move here maybe you can get out on your big time surf machine.

dg
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-04-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Mike
WTF!!!

I need to get that board from you. I will call you on tues.

Mike if you need an agent for your home here in San Diego , my mother-in-law works that area and is a great agent with a lot of years under her belt.
Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-04-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
I agree, north phoenix, north Scottsdale, if you have some money I would say Fountain Hills.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-04-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Mike,
Leaving San Diego area? Now who will take us out in that clean lake Elsi? Saw someone out wakesurfing on the goofy side in the lagoon around Carlsbad thought it might have been you.
Dennis
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
I'm in Mesa, east valley area, and am 30 minutes from Saguaro Lake and 50 from Canyon Lake. Saguaro gets a little crazier than most lakes in the summer because it's close but Canyon's worth the trip.
If you're in town looking for houses or for business let me know and I'll hook you up with a pull. We ride all winter long.
Old     (speedy600)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-04-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
Josh,
We moving to Mesa for the winter, only for the water. Is there anything closer?? What are the water temps normally?? Thanks, Jason
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-05-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
everyone, thanks for the info (i am up in the air between riverside, ca and arizona)..i really want something close to a lake to support my addiction...

i checked out the lake pleasant area but not fountain hills and the prices were a bit much considering the area ($700k and up for a tract house).

josh, your the man...i am going to take you up your offer for a pull (i'm good for gas, cleanup, driving etc..)

eric, lets talk.. the cloud nine walzer has your name it.

dennis, yep leaving the san diego area...let me know when your back down this way....
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-05-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Mike, feel free to email or call me at 480 516 2591.

Jason, If you're in Mesa there really isn't anything closer. Do you know what part of Mesa you'll be in? I could see shaving off 10 minutes, maybe a little more if I lived closer to Saguaro, but you'll probably have at least a 20 minute drive.

Right now we have air highs in the 70s. The weekend before Thanksgiving I was shirtless on the lake because it was 80+.

I don't know about water, I've never checked. Someone told me it never gets below the 50s, if it even gets that cold. I have a few friends who won't wear a wet or drysuit in the winter but I think they're nuts. I have a drysuit and use it. If you're coming from Wisconsin then you'll probably think we're a bunch of sissies but I'd guess you'll still want a suit of some sort.
Old     (newoldskool)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-05-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Water right now feels like mid 50 s.Gilbert is a real nice place to live about 35 minutes from saguaro
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Myke- hit ben or i up. we know the area pretty well. Can give some advice depending on what you are looking for. Hope all is well.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-06-2006, 1:30 AM Reply   
thanks for the help...

the only major drawback i see is deceiding which boat to go on..
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
Thats the beauty of it.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
You are always welcome on either one
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-06-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
that is awesome..mucho gras...my 211 has a sic surfwake but the nod to mc for wakeboarding... i love the xstar wake for wakeboarding....

so, when are we going to sac out the xstar for surfing ??

(Message edited by clubmyke on December 06, 2006)
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
I know... thats what I'm saying. Mike, my 45 is in the shop right now. They are plumbing a 750 lb sac on each side of the storage locker. THen, I've got two 440lb sacs and the steel shot. It should be good. I think that's about as much weight as we were runing with all of your sacs.... Maybe you should bring one the next time.

How about Monday the 9th or Tuesday the 10th of Dec.....