Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-13-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm looking for riders in the NB area that are interested in riding. This summer I bought a '97 MC 205 dd but find it hard to get riders since I'm somewhat new to the area. I've got two 750 sacs that gives the wake a good shape and size. I'm pretty much a noob (180s, grabs, attempting b-rolls) but love doing it.

Anyways, if you're in the area, not a db, and willing to drive (in addition to ride) hit me up.

Nick
nadamspt@gmail.com
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
check out 360wakeboard.com...local (austin) forum might help find you some riders
Old     (Shooty)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-21-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
What lake are you riding at? I could hit up some off season riding. I drive decent and will pull as long as you can ride. I can cover some fuel or your favorite beverage (your call). I usually ride at Canyon Lake in the summer. End up riding at TSR during the off season because my family thinks it's too cold when its below 85. I have a '91 Maristar 210 at Canyon as well. I'm willing to wetsuit it until the air is down in the high 60's. My riding is very similar, just a lot older at 44. I can throw a couple of 3's but not consistent.
Drop me a note or post back. No worries either way.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-22-2011, 5:00 AM Reply   
With Dunlap low, I've been going to Lake Placid in Seguin. I actually winterized this past weekend as it was hard to find anyone that wanted to go out. If this holiday weekend looks decent I may consider taking her out. We should definitely go riding in the spring.
Old     (Shooty)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-23-2011, 6:27 PM Reply   
Give me a shout if you decide to take it out in December. If we get some decent weather, I'll probably head up to TSR for a set. I haven't rode in a couple of weeks so I'm looking to get some water time soon. Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-28-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Bump for '12. Broke up with my gf so my steady driver is gone My schedule is pretty open Tues/Thurs/Friday afternoons and weekends (early the better for good water).
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
Glad to see other NB people on wakeworld. What brought you to town?
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-14-2012, 4:43 AM Reply   
I moved here cause you don't have to shovel sunshine! That and Austin/San Antonio didn't appeal to me cause of traffic and other bigger city issues. Where do you ride around NB?
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-14-2012, 4:53 PM Reply   
You hit the nail on the head about San Antonio/Austin.

Lake Dunlap is where I have ridden mostly. All throughout high school (2001-2005) I started riding / competing at the ski ranch. My wife and I live in Austin now, but both of our families still live in New Braunfels. We visit fairly frequently. Have you busted many props lately on Dunlap? I remember that happening multiple times when riding with a buddy that used to have a boat.

We're looking to get a bowrider in a few months. Once we do, it would be fun to get some chase boat footage. (we've got a gopro and a canon t3i)
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-16-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Knock on wood but I haven't done any prop damage on Dunlap. We were hanging out with a guy last week who wrecked his prop at the end of the day (don't know how). The stumps are mostly up by the dam and that's a no wake zone now so I think the bigger risk now is drifting logs--I've pulled at least 5 out this year that have been >6" thick that are well disguised in chop. Hit me up if you're ever in the area and want to do some boat riding.