Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    larryg            06-10-2004, 4:42 AM Reply   
Going to stop off and measure this at the local MC shop but does anyone know the height of the full size zero flex tower from the ground to the top of the tower on a MC PS197 / X7?

I understand it is ~90" in the folded position on a 205. Just curious what it is in the upright position. I am guessing about 10.5ft from a photo I have seen of an MCPS197 hooked to a standard Chevy Tahoe.

Am having a house built and the garage is going to be extra big and tall. Would be nice to have a high bay door so do not have to drop tower.

LarryG
Old    dogbeater            06-10-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
i have an 01' x-star and a 10 foot door. i had to remove the light on top and crank the tounge wheel down on the trailer and push the boat in by hand. it is too tall to go in hooked up to the tow vehicle. hope this info helps.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-10-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
When we bought our '01 star, the dealer told me that it was 11 foot 2inches. I always allow for 11.5 though.
Old    larryg            06-10-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Thanks Mark & Paul ...
One dumb question though ... the XStar is considerably "deeper" boat than the 197/X7 ... at least by a few inches ... do you know how much? I imagine a few inches but that still would likely require a min 10ft door but most likely 10.5 as initially thought.
Thanks again though!
LarryG
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-10-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
I have an x-9 and I can get it in a 9' door when it is folded.
Old     (shawman)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-11-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
I have a pole barn with 10 doors, and the X-7 was about 3" too tall. It was on a double axle trailer and I was told it's about an inch lower than a single axle.
Old    larryg            06-12-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
Sounds like my 10ft 6in estimate is pretty much right on as the minimum.

Was able to get by the MC dealership but after hours. I estimated the floor at 36in above the ground on a single-axle trailer. A buddy of mine with an X-7 said the towpoint was exactly 7ft (84in) above the floor so add 2-3in for the light above it and viola! 10ft 3in!!!

And just to clarify, that dimension is subject to tire inflation and angle of approach.

Thanks All!

LarryG
Webmaster
SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM