Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Anyone have any info on Humanoid Wake?

www.humanoidwake.com

saw the picture of the new board in Alliance and haven't heard anything about them yet! Looks like a new Flex board with almost zero marketing lol.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
where is this pic of the "new board" you say?
the mag or the website or both?

the web site says "droppin' late '08"... well it is getting closer to "late" of '08 so i am sure something will come up soon.

the web page looks pretty interesting/bizarre though,
Upload
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-29-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
I think it's just in the mag it's just a frontshot but it looks like a flex with a little more depth than company or slingshot...

interesting.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-01-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
So i decided to send an e-mail to the info@humanoidwake.com (for and behalf of myself and other wakeworlders) and thought i'd share
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY e-mail:

I was on Wakeworld.com discussion forums and found this discussion http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/630472.html?1222631995

Seems it sounds as if your company may be into flex boards as well, like slingshot and company wake? at least this is what i gather from the afore mentioned discussion topic on wakeworld

It seems, from what i have gathered from your introductory web site, you will be "dropin' late '08" does that mean a product or just more info?

is there any light you can shed for me or even for us, passionate wakeboarders on wakeworld?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reply:

Yeah we are making two different flex dynamics depending on the rider's preference. These boards are completely different from the core material all the way to the shape design. Yes, we utilize the same sandwich construction as slingshot and company but we also have channeling built into both the flex and stiff versions. You can learn about our materials and shape in the new goods section of Alliance Magazine. I appreciate taking time out to find out more about us. We are starting completely grassroots from a sponsorship standpoint. You will be able to ride your way up through the ranks for sponsorship in a social networking feature built into our website. We decided to work with the top designers and engineers in the wake industry instead of the riders at first. Our products will speak for itself. You can learn more about us when our 2009 website is up and running in the next couple weeks.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-01-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
Pretty stoked on Humanoid now! No over used hype, no marketing gimmicks, something new in flex instead of just copying Slingshot, and channeling! sounds awesome!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-01-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Thanks for e-mailing them Jeremy btw!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-01-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
no prob.

ya, the channeling thing stuck out to me too (though i am liking no channels more and more) especially for the benefit of those wishing for a channeled flex board
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-01-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, I like the freedom of the flat base on my SS, but it's nice to see a little innovation in the flex world! First the Reflex, a little stiffer in the centers and such and now channels on the bottom of the board. should be a good year for flex!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-01-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think thats what Mike Ennen and Melissa Marqaurdt new boards are like. More like a normal channeled board but with flex. I'm not entirely sure on this.