Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 11:15 PM Reply   
I just got back from riding a little bit ago, and when i got back i noticed my bindings had gotten really loose, has this happened to anyone else?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2007, 11:16 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the baseplate and the boot, or just the boots "tightness" on your foot?
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 11:32 PM Reply   
the base plate
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Colin, take the boots off. Check the baseplates for cracks where the mounting hardwear goes. Also check the inserts in your board. They may be pulled out a little bit, or all the way. Better to do it now than find out later on the water.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
yeah thanx
Old    dabigkahuna            07-20-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Colin,

You should make a habit of checking your binding screws after each set. I have noticed that the One setup (board and bindings) have a lot of flex, which I really like. However, I think that the board and bindings flex so much that they tend to loosen the screws. Not a big deal if you check them after each set.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
I agree with what has been said. I recently exchanged a pair of Cells that were having heel lift issues. The 8 baseplate screws had been tightened as much as possible to the boot, and the boot was secured to the board properly. But if I was strapped in, I could lift the heel up somewhere around an inch off the board.

My local board shop was great about exchanging them. I was in and out within minutes. I even called Ronix support to see if anyone else had this issue of the baseplate pulling the inserts through the bottom of the boot, and what they thought about my idea to epoxy the baseplate to the boot, then attach the screws. They said no, it was probably just a defective part. They also inquired about how I was treated and made sure everything went well. A great customer service experience.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
sounds like they are, im not getting any heel lift the screws were just loose after riding, so ur saying epoxy the boot the the base plate?
Old    dabigkahuna            07-20-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Colin,

I wouldn't do anything to your bindings except keep the screws tight. If you start modifying your bindings, you most likely will void the warranty.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Yep, listen to what Kahuna said. Your problem isnt the same as mine (and mine was a very rare occurance according to Ronix). Just tighten those bindings down to the board and your good.

Often times riding in rough water will result in loosening hardware faster.
Old    krazykarl21            07-20-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
I had the same problem with my ronix one bindings being loose, but I found out the hard way when they broke on a crash. My solution to the problem was to put Loctite all over the four screws and tighten them down as far as they go. I haven't had any trouble after.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-21-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
be careful with loctite... don't even think about using the green or red one... the blue one would be great and you will still be able to remove your bindings from the board later on... the best thing I found to stop that from happening was to put a small drop of shoe glue(urethane glue) in the thread of the bolt and let them harden before screwing the binding to the board... it will stay soft enough to fill the thread and keep em from loosing... you only need a really small amount of glue on each screw...
Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem with the Cell's and found that the screws were bottoming out on the board a little bit. I added a second plastic washer to each screw and the bindings now fit flush to my board. Just something to check.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
k thanx guys ill try, bout to go ride! maydenbaur glass =]