Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (maryland_renegade)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
I am looking for a new board and I keep hearing good things about this board, but there isn't many places to demo one and I can't get anyone to tell me what other boards it is similar to. I like the shape and Daniel Watkin's style of riding, just looking for some feed back from people who have rode it...Good and bad.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-28-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Check this thread, lots of good info:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/317893.html?1145399416

I think the Natural is sick, my review is in the above thread.

Later,
jjakober
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
I ride an O'brien Player 143, that board shreads Its similar to the Natural. I rode the Natural last weekend, & its definatley a faster board because its thinner, weighs less & has chevrons on the bottom to keep more of the board off the water. This is definatley a board for a more advanced rider. Be careful
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-28-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
I disagree with Marc. The Natural is wonderful for beginners. It tracks well and is very forgiving so you're less likely to catch an edge. I think I say roughly some of this same stuff in the link of the link that J posted: Basically it is a board that combines the best of everything I've ever been on: pop, predicatability, tracking, forgiveness. (And I've ridden a lot of boards since 97.)

Gabriel, I bought my Natural without demoing. The same as you I'd heard good stuff about it and really liked the way it was designed. (You already can start seeing the four small fins on each end popping up at other companies.) It was a leap of faith but my first set I landed every trick I could do without falling once. Not that every set I have is that perfect but I usually only fall when learning new tricks.
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       03-29-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
You should hit up Kaesen Suyderhoud for some info. He rides the Natural 139 for the O'Brien National team. Just google him or go to shastalake.com and click on the wake links until you find his site. He also checks this site, so maybe he will see this thread and comment. He's cool and will not BS you.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Getting a demo for an O'brien board is pretty difficult. These boards are not carried by a lot of the smaller shops. My son rode the Player last year and really liked it. He went to the Natural this year. He likes it very much as it rides a good bit faster. He rode the Player last year at 22 mph, this year on the Natural he had me slow down to 20.5 due to the faster feel. I'm sure when he gets used to it, he will increase his speed gradually. He is intermediate level and rides without fins, tracks very well.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-29-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
The Player is one of the best boards ever made in My opinion. I rode that the Natural Last year and Loved it! I am currently on the New O'brien Cartel 141, just as sick as the Natty, even faster. The Natural is good for riders of all skill levels! Its by far the fastest 3-stage rocker board out there!

Whats so sick about the new O'brien boards is how fast they are, they allow you to generate a ton of speed while, not have to compermise body position. Its the most significant on moves where you have to stand tall on the way in to the wake, Like a Backside 5, or a Batwing where all you weight is on you front foot. I ride at 85 feet at 26-26.5mph both of these are like rockets at that speed.

(Message edited by andy nintzel on March 29, 2007)
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
andy if you say the player is one of th best boards ever then y do u ride the cartel? btw im thinking about buying a player, just have to demo it.

(Message edited by dnp33 on March 29, 2007)
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-29-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
So if you had to choose would you get the player or the natural? I'm currently riding a hyperlite premier and I hate it. I am a beginner experience wise.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Its shiny!!!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
Yes it is!! Sometimes I wear Shades so I don't get blinded from the glare of the sun!!

Just kidding

(Message edited by jjakober on March 30, 2007)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-30-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Nate, get the Natural, it's an upgrade of the Player. Might cost you a little more but it is well worth it!

David, I'm pretty sure he explained why he's on the Cartel (not Player): it's like the Natural but faster. Frankly, the Natural is plenty fast for me.

I just demoed a 3DS today for the fun of it. It's a good board but it's no Natural!
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
I'm going from a 2003 Byerly to a 2006 Natural...hoping that the Natural is faster especially when there is a little chop.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Before I got the Natural I had horrible acne, I was stuck in a nowhere job, I was overweight, and couldn't talk to women to save my life. Within days of buying this board my face cleared up, I got a promotion, lost twenty pounds, and now all the hot chicks are hitting on me.

BUY THE NATURAL! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-30-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
"Hit up Kaesen, he will BS you"}

Yes he will, that's what he does best Hearing good things about the natural, but demo, and while you demo try out the Hype 3DS, also a very fast board with a lot of pop.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
Randy,

You still haven't inquired about the NWWF. PM me...

C
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Dunno guys, I just picked up a new 2006 143 player on ebay for $129 shipped. Looks to me that the natural is 3-4x as much.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-31-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
My cousin and friend who also tried the 3DS felt that the 3DS spun better than the Natural. I didn't notice a difference but then again they can do 360s and I cannot. (I totally have the rotation and then some, just no handle pass.) They did think that the Natural is faster and tracks better. Still they liked the 3DS enough that they talked about going in together to buy one.

My point is that I love the Natural and would recommend one even if you can't demo it BUT I still say that you should demo it if you can and never turn down a demo of any board. You never know what you'll like the best.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-01-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
The Natural Releases great from the top of the wake when spinning. I have never tried the 3Ds, But I do know that 3 stage rocker boards all have great release off the wake, fast, abrupt, and straight up, continous rocker has a little bit of a lag on top of the wake.! But at the end of the day it all personal preference.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-01-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
What about landings??? I have been riding an 03 CWB absolute and like the board but feel it's somewhat a little slow... I used to ride a Trip... do you think that the natural is faster than my board with the same kind of pop and smoother landings?? I heard someone say that it had landings as soft as the Marius... which is known to have pretty much the softest landings on the market...
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-01-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
DEMO,DEMO,DEMO!!!!
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-01-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
By Jeff (innov8actionsports.com) (innov8) on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 9:49 am:

DEMO,DEMO,DEMO!!!!

Thats the first time I've ever heard you say that. Must be because it's an O'Brien product and not CWB.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-01-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
No because I had a chance to check the board out and I liked it, thats why I said to demo the board, its a great shape. It has nothing to do with it not being a CWB, when I say check it out, that means to demo the board, I would never tell someone to buy a board they diden't demo, thats not smart.
When I tell riders to check out CWB, to me that means to go down to a shop get the board in your hands and set up a time to demo it, I have never told ANYONE to buy a board without a demo.