Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-29-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
See picture.
Attached Images
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-29-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
Nice. You need to indicate the rider's stance. Your grabs here are for a regular rider.

You might want to consider color coding whether grab is by front or back hand. You could then add crail by slob, chickensalad/roastbeef by melan/stale, nuclear to nose, japan (I think) to ???, and probably others
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-31-2013, 6:20 PM Reply   
That blank spot is a sloppy melan grab. It's also frequently used for methods. If you're grabbing there or the back corner of the nose you're grabbing nuclear. The front corner and up by slob would be crail. Front hand to tindy is a seatbelt. Don't think I've seen anyone really using their front hand to grab back where tailfish grabs go.

And if you take your back hand and grab back behind you all of the way up near the nose of the board past your lead foot, that's called an AB grab.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-01-2013, 11:26 AM Reply   
If you grab there, your board will explode......I mean, if you grab there, the internet will explode.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-02-2013, 10:18 AM Reply   
Yes, I know that the elite wakeboard community has deemed that any grabs not between the feet or at the nose or tail are illegitimate. As such, I promise not to intentionally attempt them in public. But when I see someone else grab there, what do I call it? Do I refuse to acknowledge that their hand grabbed the board?

After doing more internet searching, I guess it seems like there really is no established term for the grab in question. It also seems that the grab that I labelled "tailfish" also does not have a well-established, universally recognized name.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-02-2013, 6:43 PM Reply   
I've always called it a Lien grab, coming from skateboarding
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-06-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
Assuming left foot forward, back hand is nuclear and front hand, as was said above is a sloppy Melan, or if you turn your heel edge up, that would count as method.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-22-2013, 12:16 PM Reply   
I call it the "Only grab I can do with my front hand as I am too fat and unflexible to reach back between my legs" grab.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-23-2013, 8:40 AM Reply   
Heh, maybe I'll just call it a "nolan." If tail + indy = tindy and tail + stalefish = tailfish then nose + melan = nolan.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-07-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
if you grab there, your board will explode......i mean, if you grab there, the internet will explode.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:41 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us