Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2006, 1:06 AM Reply   
Just fitted an Amp and two speaker in my boat and two Polk tower speakers. We are running the boat speakers off the head unit direct and are running the tower speakers from the four channel amp. We are going to bridge the amp, does anyone have pics of there amp bridged or diagrams of how to do it correctly so as not to damage the amp.
We will be running about 80 RMS per speaker on the tower when the amp is bridged.
We were also playing around with the setting but are not really sure where to start. Would anyone have any pointers how to set up the Amp?
There is two switches one for the 1-2 channels and the same for the 3-4 channels switch with three settings High Freq filter, LOW freq filter and Full. Then there are dials for the high level freq, low level freq, and bass boost again for channel 1-2 and 3-4. Can anyone give us advice as how best to set it up to throw the sound the furthest or even a good starting point for the setting to get the best sound out of the speakers.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
Im sorry Robbie but 80 watts rms will not be able to be heard while riding. You would be better off using the amp for your boat speakers and getting a LOT bigger amp for the tower.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2006, 5:34 AM Reply   
The amp is 1000Watts and we will be getting about 100Watts per channel when it is bridged. Do you think this will be enough? Do you now how to bridge the amp correctly.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
Post the amp model and name, you should have some info on setting the amp up with the amp documentation or by going to the manufacturers website. Somethings isnt right because a 1000 watt amp will not give 100 watts rms for two channels as this is only 200 watts rms?
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
The amp is the marine Pyle 420 1000watt amp it is a 4 channel amp which has 35Watts RMS at 4ohms per channel and 50watts RMS at 2ohms. I have it bridged. Am i right in thinking it will put out about 80 -90 watts RMS if i have bridged channels 1 and 2 together and channels 3-4 together. What should i do with the settings to start off with. Her is the link to the instruction manual. Cheers Rob
http://www.pyleaudio.com/manuals/PLMRA220-420.pdf
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-01-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Your likely to get 2 x 50w RMS.

Its not a great deal but depending on your speakers it might make something you can hear at 80 feet.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
I looked at the manual and dont see the spec for if its bridged but usually it ups the power 1.5-2 times what it would be normal. Definately turn the bass boost all the way down. One clue that the amp will never produce 1000 watts is the fact that Power=Current X Voltage, the fuse size recommended for that model is 20 amps...20 X 14(max voltage amp would ever see) = 280 watts absolutely max.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-02-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
cheers guys that great will try that next weekend. How about the settings for the HPfilter and Low pass filter there is also a switch which can be set at High pass or low pass or bass boast any ideas on it.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
You need to it for the highs, you dont want the lows going to your tower speakers. Set it for around 100-150 hz.