Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-24-2015, 8:35 PM Reply   
Well after 4 years, I finally ripped my Ronix 1 bindings apart. While I attempt to find a shoe repair place that can sew the lower straps back in, I decided to pull out a fresh set of Company bindings to get me through the rest of the season. A bit a of a bitter sweet moment, as mounting them up and trying out the fit made me remember how great their products were. To this day, I refuse to buy anything under the Kent Watersports monopoly because of how they strong-armed Company.

Which brings me to a question. As I was mounting the bindings, I realized Company's specialized mounting hardware would be damn near impossible to get. After some searching, I stumbled onto Ctrl's newer bindings, which look a lot like the Company stuff. I cannot find an pics of their mounting hardware though. Does anyone know if the hardware is similar, or at least have a picture of Ctrl bindings with the quick stance adjustment system mounted on a board?
http://www.ctrlwake.com/testing/prod...ots/boots-main

Just curious if anyone knew anything, plus I figured some of you would enjoy reminiscing about Company. And for those that don't know the story, take a few seconds and search the topic. A damn shame what went on 4 or 5 years ago. Luckily, we still have some great independent companies like Ronix, Humanoid, and Slingshot.

(Reference links for those that weren't here yet or didn't recall)
http://jstephensinc.tumblr.com/post/...ens-in-regards
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788710
Attached Images

Last edited by MattieK27; 08-24-2015 at 8:41 PM.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-24-2015, 10:55 PM Reply   
Yeh the mounting hardware for the CTRL bindings is almost exactly the same as the old Company bindings. A lot stronger though. I had issues with the clamps on my old Company bindings back in the day.

What hardware are you looking for specifically if you have a fresh set of bindings though? You should have everything you need. Unless you're referring to the screws? If thats the case all you need is to go to your local hardware store and get some M6 screws at the right length.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-24-2015, 11:10 PM Reply   
No, don't need anything. (Reused some ronix m6 toggle bolts) I was just curious in case I lose a clamp or one breaks since Company has been gone for a few years. Truth be told, I have an extra set of bindings with hardware, but I'd rather not have to use them. (2011 bindings, never released)

The hardware issue came up because a friend was riding an old hyperlite board recently, and lost one of the "claw" clamps while in the water. So as I was setting up the Company Pros, the question of "what if" came up.

Thanks for the info on the Ctrl stuff, I really would like to see them in person.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-24-2015, 11:39 PM Reply   
I demand a Company reboot
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-25-2015, 6:30 PM Reply   
Company getting screwed over was one of the worst things that happened in the industry.. Its sad that 99% percent of riders have no idea behind the true story. Their stuff was so good at the time. I wish Id gotten my hands on a Vandal board, that thing was mint.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-25-2015, 7:02 PM Reply   
I just put a post up asking a few questions about Company bindings under the post Nitzle put up about Vandall and AL Sur.... I love my Company Pros and I broke a set a couple of years back... And luckily was able to get my hands on another set... Then I bought a set of the Vandalls... And had not tried them til this past weekend... They seemed much stiffer and I wasn't sure if they just need to be broken in, or if they are designed stiffer. I think that I prefer the flexibility of the Pros... I hope that I don't ever have to give them up, but I know that they won't last forever... So what would the next closet thing be? I have tried the Ronix bindings and liked them but they seemed to run a size small to me.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-26-2015, 4:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboozer View Post
I just put a post up asking a few questions about Company bindings under the post Nitzle put up about Vandall and AL Sur.... I love my Company Pros and I broke a set a couple of years back... And luckily was able to get my hands on another set... Then I bought a set of the Vandalls... And had not tried them til this past weekend... They seemed much stiffer and I wasn't sure if they just need to be broken in, or if they are designed stiffer. I think that I prefer the flexibility of the Pros... I hope that I don't ever have to give them up, but I know that they won't last forever... So what would the next closet thing be? I have tried the Ronix bindings and liked them but they seemed to run a size small to me.
Humanoid boots are rock solid, and that's what Randall is riding now.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-26-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
I got 2 pairs of Pros (9) and 2 pairs of Vandals (8,9). The hardware goes with the bindings. send me a private message.