Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-08-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Greetings,

I've been looking for an older Supra for a while and rediscover a nearby 1987 Marauder.

I'm curious to know what people think of the following boat (this boat and/or the model) and what a reasonable price would be - I know that may hard to tell from seeing it online.

The boat was originally from the Southern US and when the 2nd owner moved from FL to New England in the early 90's he didn't winterize the engine. Therefore the boat had a new 351 PCM installed in the early 90's and there is a total 485 hrs on the boat, therefore less on the engine. The boat has been stored indoors year round for the last 10 yrs or so and was painted 2-3 yrs ago. The paint job is a DYI job, but looks fairly good (not sure what type of paint he used). From what I can tell the floor is solid - not sure about the stringers as I didn't have a socket with me when I checked it out. Originally it had twin swivel seats, but the current owner removed the port own and built an aft-facing bench. Upholstry was redone about years ago, but is in good / very good condition. Underwater gear looks to be in good shape. Engine has some rust. Boat was used a few times in salt water, but flushed after each use. I'm likely going to do the same a few hrs each year. Overall I'd say the boat is about an 8 out of 10.

What's the difference btwn a Sunsport / Marauder with stepped hull like in this post...
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/576595.html?1210266207
vs. a non-stepped hull on the "newer" (ie. later 80's, earlier 90's Sunsports in terms of ride, handling and wake (both for ski and wakeboarding). An example of what I'm talking about is "Montgomery (lovin_the_wake)"'s boat here on March 26th @ 10:32am
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/560359.html?1210271357

What do you guys think is a reasonable price for it if it's solid? He's asking $11000 Cdn. I thinking more like $8000 or $8500 is reasonable as prices in our area are somewhat inflated due to lack of ski/wake boats.

Any info will be appreciated!

Cheers,

Jaak

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-08-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of the engine...Upload
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
Jaak,
I have an 86 and i love it. I bought mine with 330 hrs and it had a new 454 in it with 50 to 100 hrs on it. My stringers are pretty good. not 100%. I had 2 soft spots in the floor which are common areas. under drivers seat and in fron of rear seat were everyone gets inthe boat after riding. Here is a pic of mine not a good one. its the only one I have on my Computer. Upload
I paid $6800 for mine 3 years ago. She was all original except for the motor. Ill ost some more in the next day or so. I would say 8000 to 8500 would be a good price for that boat but maybe try to chew him down a bit more. You never know what people will do.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
But HOW IS THE WAKE???!!!! Tell me all about it!
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
The wake on mine is pretty good giving I gave no ballast and usually only have 3 people when I go out. I had 7 in the boat last year while I was out back riding and the wake was huge. No I am not an awesome boarder but with 2 people on the boat and me out back I can land pretty far out in the flats of the wake. Ill try to find somepics of the wake but Im not sure if I have any.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-15-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Please do!

Are you sure that Monty's has no stepped hull? If you look closely at his profile pic I think I see the chine ending near the wheelwell.

At least I think that's what you're referring to as stepped??
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-15-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
yea mine definitely has the "Step Hull" Mikey's right if you look right above the fender you can see it
Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-05-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Hey Snippy,

just wondering if you happened to come across any other pics / wake pics of your boat.

Thanks.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
I will post some later today when I get home. They are all on my lap top.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
Here is one not good angle. I dropped the handle if you are wondering.Upload